Views
Helpful
Replies

KeyError: 'ip' - iso install error

nick.szilagyi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've attempted to install APIC-EM-1.0.3.4-0, using the ISO supplied on devnet. I've installed this ISO onto two different ESXi environments and the same error is occurring on both. The package runs through the automated install process and then reboots. When the appliance reboots, you see the ubuntu 14.04 load menu appear and it then loads the attached image. (Capture123.png)

I've downloaded the iso and repeated the above steps with the same issue occurring...Any ideas?

Not sure if i'm seeing something odd with DHCP, as per the image (1234.png). Not sure what the 10.x.x.x address is? When I use a standard linux OEM image in either environment it leases a correct address of 192.168.2.xxx.

Many thanks,

Nick.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok so I think i've fixed this. I rebooted into recovery mode and repaired the packages....

Finally booted into the APIC GUI...

Not sure why this is occurring though, hardware related?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

nick.szilagyi
Level 1
Level 1

Further update - used the older ISO found on Cisco downloads. Same issue occured.

Used Ubuntu recovery options to enable networking. This allowed the host to lease from DHCP but receiving a further error related to SQL.... will attach shortly...

Ok so I think i've fixed this. I rebooted into recovery mode and repaired the packages....

Finally booted into the APIC GUI...

Not sure why this is occurring though, hardware related?