Views
Helpful
Replies

New Interface Configuration for APIC v5.2(7f) broke my scripts

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi experts,

I build, clear and rebuild an ACI lab using scripts.

But when I upgraded the lab to APIC v5.2(7f) - this message appeared under Fabric > Access Policies > Interface Configuration

RedNectar_0-1676701546396.png

Now, once you click migrate them - a whole new world of system-defined leaf and interface profiles is built.

Which is fine - I'm happy to use the new system.

But here's my question. 

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO ACTUALLY POST NEW INTERFACE SELECTORS into the new system?

What APIs do I need to use? Where's the documentation?

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello again,

I've stumbled upon the object infraPortConfig that can be checked using Visore/Object store browser and can be used to configure or delete interfaces configurations. Maybe this is helpful for you. (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/dcn/aci/apic/6x/l2-configuration/cisco-apic-layer-2-networking-configuration-guide-60x/access-interfaces-60x.html)

Dirk

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dirk Feldhaus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm facing the same problem and I'm wondering if you found a solution yet. 

The good old API inspector shows nothing when configuring a new interface manually. I'm a bit lost what happens under the hood when the new configuration is used.

Dirk

Hello again,

I've stumbled upon the object infraPortConfig that can be checked using Visore/Object store browser and can be used to configure or delete interfaces configurations. Maybe this is helpful for you. (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/dcn/aci/apic/6x/l2-configuration/cisco-apic-layer-2-networking-configuration-guide-60x/access-interfaces-60x.html)

Dirk

Thanks @Dirk Feldhaus ,

By now I've figured out how to use the new infraPortConfig class - but forgot to come back to this question.  Thanks so much for closing the loop and helping anyone else who ends up here!

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.