Helpful
Replies

PnP Cleanup Process

andy.dickinson
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Community,

First a little background;

We use APIC-EM PnP application to deploy a base configuration before adding devices to Prime for full configuration.

This is all zero touch and allows us to fully deploy ISR devices by means of API scripts.

In the majority of cases this works well but in some scenarios we get a device which needs to be deleted from APIC-EM due to it becoming unresponsive, and i'd like to add this delete task to the API scripts but I'm not clear about the device cleanup process.

So, what my questions are;

Is the cleanup process documented anywhere?

Why in some instances the device will reload after the cleanup?

Is there any way to stop the device from reloading?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If the device is in error state and is deleted, APIC-EM will tell it to clean up and reset.

This can only occur if the device is able to communicate to APIC-EM.

the behaviour is driven by the agent in the device, so is really autonomous.

You can also "reset" which try to start the process again... it also resets the device if the device can communicate to APIC-EM.

Adam

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the device is in error state and is deleted, APIC-EM will tell it to clean up and reset.

You can also "reset" which try to start the process again... it also resets the device if the device can communicate to APIC-EM.

Adam

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adam