cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Template-programmer Deploy not working on DNAC Version 1.1.7

Sai3
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

While trying to deploy a template on my DNAC am getting the below error, please let me know if any suggestions to fix the same :

Executing POST 'https://<MY-DNAC-IP>/api/v1/template-programmer/template/deploy'

POST 'template-programmer/template/deploy' Status:  500

{"response":{"errorCode":"UNEXPECTED_ERROR","detail":"An error occurred while invoking a REST API","href":""},"version":"1.0"}

4 Replies 4

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,  any reason you are using version 1.1.7?

We did not officially support template programmer API until the 1.2.5 release with the platform..

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi, any reason you are using version 1.1.7?

We did not officially support template programmer API until the 1.2.5 release with the platform..

Sai3
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for the quick response, our DNAC box came with the default 1.1.7 version and we have been unable to upgrade the box to a newer version. It always gets stuck with the below error :

Update-stuck.jpg

Unfortunately, the earlier versions of DNAC had difficulty in doing upgrades. What I found I had to do was to download each application separately and then install in a specific order. I don't have that order available; however, I did find it in the Cisco.com site. Once you get to version 1.2.5, the upgrades work much better. 

In your case, it may be better to get the version 1.2.8 on a usb drive and re-install from scratch.