cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

N7010 SUP1 to SUP2E Upgrade Process - VPC Concerns

Brent Leekley
Level 1
Level 1

***Apologies for asking for advice on such old hardware.

I have a customer who  has stalled on SUP2E upgrade because they have a hard requirement for zero downtime.

They have 2x7010 dual Sup1.  They've had the replacement SUP2E's on the shelf for a year.  HA works well enough that one 7K can be taken offline to perform the SUP2E upgrade.  The concern is what happens to the vPC domain once they upgraded chassis 1 to the SUP2E and attempt to move traffic over to take down the second chassis?

Anyone have experience here? 

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

James Clifford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi mate

This should help.....  there are other things to consider outside of VPC

Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Hardware Installation and Reference Guide - Replacement Procedures [Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Swit…

In theory, VPC should be supervisor neutral. If your consistency checks (see below) are good then you should be ok. I would go through the bug list for both the hardware and nx-os with a fine tooth-comb though - it would be more likely this and not VPC itself you'd have issue with.

Types of consistency checks:

Cisco Nexus 7000 Series NX-OS Interfaces Configuration Guide, Release 5.x - Configuring vPCs [Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Sw…

Thanks

James

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

James Clifford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi mate

This should help.....  there are other things to consider outside of VPC

Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Hardware Installation and Reference Guide - Replacement Procedures [Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Swit…

In theory, VPC should be supervisor neutral. If your consistency checks (see below) are good then you should be ok. I would go through the bug list for both the hardware and nx-os with a fine tooth-comb though - it would be more likely this and not VPC itself you'd have issue with.

Types of consistency checks:

Cisco Nexus 7000 Series NX-OS Interfaces Configuration Guide, Release 5.x - Configuring vPCs [Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Sw…

Thanks

James