cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

update cisco nexus from 7.08 to 7.3.1 version

123w123w123
Level 1
Level 1

hi. how i can upgrade nk5548 from 7.0.8 version to 7.3.1? and how i can upgrade the microcode on this device?

please get me correct instruction

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks. but cisco tac recomendating me do update microcode and i dont know this procedure. Or update microcode is automatic procedure when i do update ios version? or  update microcode and update bios is a equal procedure?

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

cassiolange
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 

According release notes, for ISSUE you need a intermediate update.
Please review de the release notes.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5500/sw/release/notes/7x/Nexus5500_Release_Notes_7x.html

Good luck and regards, 

Thanks. but cisco tac recomendating me do update microcode and i dont know this procedure. Or update microcode is automatic procedure when i do update ios version? or  update microcode and update bios is a equal procedure?

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCun66310

Nexus 5596: System fails to boot after a power cycle
CSCun66310

Description
Symptom:
A Nexus 5596 switch will not boot up after a reload or a NX-OS upgrade.

Conditions:
This issue can be seen during a reload or NX-OS upgrade
where I can get this script?
Workaround:
To avoid this issue, power controller settings of the Nexus 5596 switch need to be upgraded. It requires to load a debug plugin and run a script. Contact Cisco TAC for further help/directions.

Further Problem Description:
The issue is only seen on N5K-C5596UP, N5K-C5596T, and UCS-FI-6296UP. This DOES NOT affect the Nexus 50x0, Nexus 5548, Nexus 5600 Series, UCS FI 6100 Series, or UCS FI 6248.

AVRAHAM NINO
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

You need at least two upgrades.

"If you want to upgrade from a release on Cisco NX-OS release 7.1 train or earlier, you must first upgrade to Cisco NX-OS release 7.1(4)N1(1) and then to 7.3(1)N1(1)" .

Version  7.3(3)N1(1) is marked as a very stable.

To upgrade after downloading the files type:

install all system bootflash:/n5000-uk9.7.1.4.N1.1.bin  kickstart bootflash:/n5000-uk9-kickstart.7.1.4.N1.1.bin

Make sure you have full backup and access to console, as there might be configuration changes.

Read the messages as there should be Bios upgrade that require full   power off   after upgrade finish.

Thanks. i read this doc. from cisco tac enginner tell me if me do not update microcode we have risk loss nexus 5500

hi

so what steps of update?

1. update 7.0.8 to 7.1.5 primary nexus

2. reload FEXs

3. update 7.0.8 to 7.1.5 secondary nexus

4. update 7.1.5 to 7.3.1 primary nexus

5. reload FEXs

6. update 7.1.5 to 7.3.1 secondary nexus

this it is correct?

Hi. I want update 7.0.2 to 7.0.8 version on 5596up. But I don't know have this upgrade bug with power seq update? 

Do a show module and check if HW version is 1.0. If yes, then you are affected by the defect and microcode upgrade will be required by loading debug plugin.

BR 

A