Helpful
Replies

vmkernel port group in Nexus 1000v DVS

Anand Lingaraj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am new to nexus 1000v

I have an Nexus 1000v DVS configured in my DC. How can I configure an ServiceConsole and VMKernel Port-Group (of type vethernet port-profile) and migrate my service console from vswitch0 to DVS.

I created a vlan 300 as my native vlan , alongside 101 & 102 for Control and Packet respectively.

Port-Profile-1 can work fine with a VM.

I need another vmkernel portgroup to be created for my SC and NFS ( My PP looks like)

{

port-profile tyep vethernet vmkernel_pp_300

switchport mode access

switchport access vlan 300

no shut 

system vlan 101-102,300

vmware port-group

state enabled 

}

I still see it as a Virtual Machine port group, how can I convert it as vmkernel portgroup.

regards

1 Reply 1

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Anand,

From the vCenter Interface you would need to migrate your VMK or Service Console to the 1000v.  In doing so you will be prompted to assign it to a 1000v Port Profile.

For detailed steps on this procedure, please refer to:

https://communities.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadBody/15533-102-2-39703/Migration%20from%20VMware%20vSwitch%20to%20Cisco%20Nexus%201000V.pdf

Also, in regards to your sample Port Profle config, it doesn't make sense to have any "system vlans" set that aren't allowed on the Interface.  Your Profile is an access port which will only allow VLAN 300, so that should be the only "system vlan" set also.  To remove system VLANs you'll have to ensure the Port Profile is completely unused, or just create a new Port Profile with the correct settings, and migrate everything from the old -> new.

Regards,

Robert