Views
Helpful
Replies

Call HTTPS Web Service from CVP with client authentication

sathesujit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone please point me to instructions about how to set up mutual authentication in CVP 11.6 for a third party web service call ?

We have an IVR which is calling a third party web service which needs Mutual authentication. This is implemented and working fine in cvp 8.5. Now we are upgrading to 11.6 and the implementation is failing.

Basically When the web service requests for the client certificate in the mutual authentication call, it fails to present the client certificate. 

I tested the mutual authentication call using the 11.6's JRE but simply by using a standalone Java class from the same CVP Server. using the same keystore file. It works fine.I also tested the web service call using the SOAP UI tool from the same server and using the same key store. That also works fine. 

The call only fails when trying to call the web service from within IVR. NO  errors in any logs..checked IVR Logs, tomcat logs cvp logs, vxml logs. 

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thank you

Sujit Sathe

CDW 

1 Reply 1

sathesujit
Level 1
Level 1

If anyone sees this issue again..

The resolution is - 

Replace "-Dhttps.client.protocol=TLSv1.2" in registry with "-Djdk.tls.client.protocols=TLSv1.2 "

In registry -Software/Wao6432Node ->apache Foundation -> procrun 2.0-> VXML Server

Thanks to Raghu Guvvala..