cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP 10.5 SAB

Ron Nelson
Level 5
Level 5

Our company has recently upgraded to CVP 10.5 and use Jenkins to run a windows batch script to execute the buildapp.bat that is part of the SAB tool.

In 9.0 this executed just fine and built our app in preparation for a deploy.

When we updated the SAB tool we began receiving the following error message:

Error: Project has deploy version of '10.5', but only the following versions are supported: 4.1. Aborting.

Has anyone started using cvp 10.5's automated build tool and gotten this same error or have any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ryan Hilfers
Level 1
Level 1

We're in the same boat here Ron.   Our installer for 10.5 does not even include a SAB folder.   TAC told us (unofficially) that this was intended to be a linux based tool and since CVP roadmap is windows only, it has been taken out of 10.5 onwards :/  

Have you discovered a workaround yet?  We're trying a few things, will keep you updated here.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mohan Karki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ron,

I am trying to use the SAB tool but when I installed the software SAB.zip was missing. Did you have to do anything to get the missing file? If you could help me with that I could try to figure out a solution for your porblem

Mohan

Ryan Hilfers
Level 1
Level 1

We're in the same boat here Ron.   Our installer for 10.5 does not even include a SAB folder.   TAC told us (unofficially) that this was intended to be a linux based tool and since CVP roadmap is windows only, it has been taken out of 10.5 onwards :/  

Have you discovered a workaround yet?  We're trying a few things, will keep you updated here.

Ron Nelson
Level 5
Level 5

There is not a solution going forward for this. From the looks of it, we can no longer complete automated builds. It's interesting that they've build automated deploy functionality but removed the automated build.

Ryan - please keep this updated if you do figure something out. I'd definitely be interested.

Mohan Karki
Level 1
Level 1

Created my own sab_win32 folder using the CallStudio installation and offlineappbuilder plugin from CVP10.0. Seems to work and not getting that version error.

Mohan -

As you move to cvp 11, don't you think there's a good chance this will break? I believe the libraries across dot releases (any version of ten) will work but since they're not releasing this with version 11, I imagine it will break.

Hi Mohan

How did you get past the error? I compared offlineappbuilder.jar's for version 8.5 and 10.0 and there are no code differences between them. The offlineappbuilder.jar for 10.0 even prints"Cisco Unified Call Studio 8.5 (Standalone Application Builder)" to the command line. So, even if I use the new batch script, I'm still getting the error since it's essentially the same .jar that is being used.

Email me at mkarki1_at_gmail_dot_com