Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM discovery unreachable in reserved mini lab

mikeorzel1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to do discovery using APIC-EM in a hw-minilab I reserved but I am getting unreachable. I have configured the appropriate CLI username/password in the APIC-EM settings and can telnet/ssh from the APIC-EM host to the network device successfully.

Anything I am missing or any advice on getting this running would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

4 Replies 4

ecorban
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi mike

do you have an active sandbox reservation ? if so what sandbox lab did you reserve and what device you cant discover ?

Thanks

Hi, thanks for the response, yes, I have a current reservation and I cant discover any of the devices in the lab (all come back as "unreachable".

Lab I believe is APIC-EM__GA_HW-MiniLab-1_Reservation

Thanks

Mike

Hi mike.

i have reviewed the lab and all is in order. All devices are attached. there is a link in the Sandbox lab, that provides the Discovery information for the APIC-EM instance. One of the functions of the APIC-EM Sandbox is to allow the user to

build the configuration for APIC-EM devices and test that configuration with an live APIC-EM controller. The SNMP community strings need to be included on the devices you need to discover on the APIC-EM controller....

I have added the SNMP configuration step to the devices and ran an Discovery.

Thanks

Eddie

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for having a look at it for me. Im suprised it needs snmp for discovery (and not just cli credentials) but thanks again for taking a look and getting it running for me. Much appreciated.

Mike