cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't connect from the labs to the AnyConnect client workstation

mihaicodrean
Level 1
Level 1

I recall that this used to be possible back in the IVT days, but it doesn't seem to work now, at least not from the PCCE Lab that I need to be using. The goal is to setup a SIP trunk to a server running on my own workstation, for testing purposes.

Thoughts?

Tagging @jokearns1, @bigevilbeard

9 Replies 9

Sadly outside my domain this one buddy. Hopefully someone else knows.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

Thanks for jumping in. Even Internet access would do, and I'll use port forwarding, but only DNS works.

If you can sign into the standard Jabber client successfully and see/control devices, then it should work in the SDK - if you don't yet have a working Jabber client user/device setup, then that's a good baseline target to shoot for first, for which there is lots of help (including TAC) available.  There are a number of moving pieces involved in a Jabber deployment, so hard to offer any immediate solution without lots more details.
If your user works fine with Jabber but not the SDK, then I would focus on the things related to authentication, discovery and server endpoints.  There are many ways to skin those multiple cats, and it's not always obvious how to approach each using the SDK.  Again, lots more detail helps.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I fail to see how setting up a Jabber client would help to confirm the possibility of lab outbound connectivity.

Again, what I'm after is to set up a CUCM SIP trunk to a server running on my own workstation, and that's to try out automatic call recording. Then the plan is to also experiment with NBR using the CUBE from the lab.

Just for an outbound connectivity test, I've tried to telnet from the Windows VM (10.10.20.21) to 192.168.254.11 - which is the AnyConnect client-side IP address -, port 5070, but got no connection attempts in WireShark running on my workstation.

Thoughts?

Hmm...my response above should have been to another post - perhaps I misclicked something...
Re your issue, I believe that sandbox network configuration does not allow outbound connections from sandbox hosts - even towards the VPN-connected client.  I recall some discussions with the team on this before (IMHO this should be allowed, at least for some sandboxes) - will see if I can get more light shed.
Unfortunately for now I think there is no quick solution...perhaps someone from the sandbox team might be able to modify the config for your reservation instance as a one-off (and ideally extend your reservation).

will see if I can get more light shed.

Thanks!

perhaps someone from the sandbox team might be able to modify the config for your reservation instance as a one-off (and ideally extend your reservation).

That could work.

someone from the sandbox team

Who would be on that team, to try to ping them?

Hi, 

Do you have a current running PCCE reservation? if so send me on your username and the link to your reservation link. 
Thanks, 

Joe 

Hi Joe,

Thanks for jumping in. I've made a new reservation and shared the details in a private message.

Thanks in advance,
Mihai