Helpful
Replies

CML lab not opening after reservation

Mujahid_Nour
Level 1
Level 1

hi 

greetings , 

I have reserved CML lab and i received the login details and i connected to VPN . 

but i cant open the lab web interface at https://10.10.20.161 . 

kindly advice . note that I’ve turn off windows firewall but also the same  

22 Replies 22

"They say this 4-day is not an issue since they have more resources now then before" - Who is "they"? Did you speak with someone from devnet?

Today i can only reserve for maximum time of 4 hours again. Can you still reserve for maximum of 4days? 

who ever wrote FaQ has mentioned 7 day; it may not be for all sandboxes.  see https://developer.cisco.com/docs/sandbox/#!faqs/general

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Thanks Martin,

yeah, they don't talk about CML there but about default time for sandboxes in general.

It's gone back to 4 hours again. I guess CML is very popular for reservations and they have to put 4 hour limit.

Interesting.  I know that I used to be able to extend the CML sandbox beyond 4 hours, but I thought that the Sandbox had recently started enforcing maximum sandbox reservation times. 

When I make a CML Sandbox reservation today, I am limited to 4 hours.  If I try to extend the reservation beyond 4 hours from the initial reservation start time, it fails with an error that indicates:

Sandbox duration 05:00:00 must be shorter than the blueprint's maximum duration 04:00:00.

The labs that CML runs are not lightweight, so that makes sense to me.  The free sandbox is mostly there for the community to try things out.  If you need a CML instance that runs for more than 4 hours, you can always purchase a license.   CML-Personal is only $199 or 2 Cisco Learning Credits.  A community member even recently posted instructions for running your own CML instance in AWS: https://github.com/gdmoney/Cisco-CML-on-AWS.

YMMV

Happy labbing!

tombry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@KingsleyOgunedo9090 @BrooksHassinger09174 @PiotrWikarski44780 - We reported the problem up to the DevNet Sandbox team.  They tracked down the problem, and the root cause was a combination of a couple of problems that was causing about 5% of CML Sandbox reservations to fail. The problem was fixed by June 4. There may still be a few old reservations where the CML instance is not configured properly, so if you're still having problems in your current reservation, end the reservation and start a new one. All new CML sandbox reservations should be working now.

Mujahid_Nour
Level 1
Level 1

I'm still unable to open the Cisco Modeling Labs Server10.10.20.161

VPN connected. I've tried to switch off the firewall but the issue still. 

any solution or suggestions .? 

Seems like sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.. its been a little buggy lately, but still thankful to Cisco for providing these labs to us! Thanks Cisco for your hard work!

@HenryGee wrote:

Seems like sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.

Agreed.  I saw another failure today, and I've been in touch with the DevNet Sandbox group.  They've observed the problem, but they're still working on the root cause.  Until this issue is resolved, I expect that there will be some intermittent failures with CML sandbox reservations.