cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

conect remote end equipment to sandbox

mastylia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It would be nice if we could connect a phone locally in our office to sandbox for testing.

If this is possible from now I don't know how to do this, could someone explain me please.

Thank you very much.

8 Replies 8

Dan Klingler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marios,

Thanks for the question.  The answer is - it depends.  Most of my colleagues are out this week attending the Cisco DevNet Create conference - including the ones who can answer your question.  Give us a few days and we'll get back to you with a more definitive answer.

Thanks,

Dan

DevNet Sandbox Team

jokearns1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marios,

Yes connecting a physical phone to the sandbox is possible. There are a few options here.

1) Old phones such as the 79XX can be connected to a VPN router (usually a 881 or 891). The router builds a IPsec VPN tunnel to your sandbox and the phone will register.

2) Newer phones with Anyconenct installed i.e. DX range, can be connected with the onboard VPN client. No need for a router in this case.

3) If physical phones are not a requirement, you can simply register a Jabber soft client.

Let us know how you want to proceed.

Regards,

Joe Kearns

Dear Joseph,

Thank you for your prompt response. I see that I have 3 options to connect equipment to sandbox and I have a CP-9971 phone and a jabber client.

How do I connect to vpn to sandbox I use the same credentials as the ones I use for connecting through vpn on my pc?

Could you provide an example please I would really appreciate one.

Thank you very much.

Marios Stylianou

ENGINEER.CUSTOMER SUPPORT

mastylia@cisco.com<mailto:mastylia@cisco.com>

Tel:

Cisco Systems, Inc.

Poland

cisco.com

Think before you print.

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.

Please click here<http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html> for Company Registration Information.

Hi Marios,

Apologies for the late reply, travelling with work.

Can you clarify what use case or call scenario you would like to satisfy? Your question is slightly unclear. Do you want to make calls between the Jabber client and the 9971 phone?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. No worries for the late reply. Yes I would like to connect a phone in my lab configure the vpn credentials on it and make a few test calls in the lab.

Marios Stylianou

Tel:

Cisco Systems, Inc.

Poland

cisco.com

Think before you print.

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.

Please click here<http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html> for Company Registration Information.

Hi Marios,

You will need a 881 or 891 router to connect that phone as there is no in built VPN software on that model. If you have access to one we can provide the config.

However, If you have two PCs with Jabber clients installed, you will be able to anyconnect each to your sandbox, register the devices and make calls between them.

Joe

I can get a router so if you could provide the config that would be nice.

Marios Stylianou

Tel:

Cisco Systems, Inc.

Poland

cisco.com

Think before you print.

OK. When the router is available, let us know and we can send it on. BTW, you will need to have a running sandbox reservation for this to work.

Joe