cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to make calls through UCM in Collaboration 10.5 Sandbox

wimichiels1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Collaboration 10.5 Sandbox lab setup and I can connect to everything via the VPN tunnel. Now I would like to connect a soft phone to the UCM and make calls.

I am brand new to the world of Telecom and Cisco, so forgive me if some of this does not make any sense !.

I connected to the Windows Server within the lab via Remote Desktop and launched the Jabber client. If I select a Cisco IM & Presence account and point it at either the Presence device or the UCM Publisher device, I receive an error that Jabber cannot communicate with the server. If I then switch it over to a Cisco Communications Manager device and point all three IP Addresses to the UCM Publisher, Jabber will authenticate correctly, but still I cannot make calls or IM's. If I look at the connection status, it reports that the Softphone is not connected and instructs me to look at the Phone Service tab of the Options window. However, the Options window does not have a Phone Services tab. Even if I could get everything hooked up, I'm still not sure I would be able to make calls because the server is not detecting my audio devices, even though I specified the pass-through settings correctly when establishing he RDP connection.

Giving up on that approach, I copied the Jabber install down to my desktop and installed it. From here, I was able to use the Cisco IP & Presence account and successfully connect to the Presence device. However, the Connection Status window still shows my Softphone as not connected, this time indicating a network problem reaching the Subscriber device. I verified that I can indeed ping the device listed in the message. I logged out and switched over to a Cisco Communications Manager account. Again I could login, but the Softphone still will not connect, indicating the same networking error.

At this point, I am totally lost. Any assistance that could be provided would be much appreciated.

28 Replies 28

Bill,

To get off that screen, can you do the following:

Workaround:

1. 1. Exit Jabber.
  2. 2. Add the following line in jabber-bootstrap.properties file located in C:\ProgramData\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber
    • upnDiscoveryEnabled: false
  3. 3. Start Jabber and if it auto prompts the same SSO screen, click the gear icon and then cancel.
  4. 4. Then hit the reset Jabber option and you will now be on the service discovery screen.

Let me know how that goes.

joe

Hi Joe,

That worked to allow me to login to Jabber as user02 from my desktop. However, the softphone is still not connecting properly. Below is the information from the Connection Status window.

Thanks,

Bill

Softphone - Unhealthy
Protocol: SIP
Reason:Connection error. Ensure the server information in the Phone Services tab on the Options window is correct. Contact your system administrator for assistance.
Address: 10.10.20.1 (CCMCIP)

Deskphone - None
Protocol: CTI
Address:  (CTI)

Presence - Healthy
Address: hq-cups.abc.inc
Protocol: XMPP
Port: 5222

Outlook address book - Healthy
Protocol: MAPI
Address: Outlook

Directory - Healthy
Address: CALERO.COM
Protocol: LDAP

Bill,

What hostname did you put into the server field in Advanced Services? hq-cups or hq-cups.abc.inc

Joe

I actually used the IP address, 10.10.20.17.

Using hq-cups.abc.inc yields the same result.

Can you use the FQDN “hq-cups.abc.inc”

Joe

ok. saw that too late.

On a call now. will set up a webex with you after.

Joe

Sure thing.

Bill,

Can you reset and try logging in user02 again.

Joe

Same result.

In the error notifications, I get error code CJ:109:3.

Can you jump back on the webex again? same URL as before

Joe

Hey Bill,

User05 logs in fine on a Windows10 machine connected over VPN.

Is there any way you can test on a different network or even a different machine?

Joe

Bill,

I have made a slight change to the DNS server. Can you try registering again?

Joe

Hi Joe,

I tried to register again from my desktop and received the same error.

I fired up a VM and connected via the VPN. I was able to successfully register as user04 from here! This was a Windows Server 2012 R2 machine, which is essentially the same thing as Windows 8.1. It was sitting on sub-domain of my corporate domain, so I'm not sure why my desktop wont connect, but at least I now have a way to setup a working environment.

Thanks,

Bill