Views
Helpful
Replies

PCCE(Packaged Contact Center Enterprise) sandbox creation unavailable

dongzhao2024
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team, 

Any chance we can continue to reserve the PCCE sandbox? Currently, it shows "Environment Creation Failed" with Details "Blueprint cannot be launched at the moment due to temporarily unavailable resources. Please try again"

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @dongzhao2024,

We had to temporarily pause the reservation of the PCCE sandbox to fix the issues reported by another individual. It will come back when it is fixed.

Thanx,

Denise 

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @dongzhao2024,

We had to temporarily pause the reservation of the PCCE sandbox to fix the issues reported by another individual. It will come back when it is fixed.

Thanx,

Denise 

dongzhao2024
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you @dekwan for the quick response! I guess the to-be-fixed issue is from this post: https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/packaged-contact-center-enterprise-12-6-finesse-out-of-service/m-p/5029971

Hope it will not take that long to fix the issue and bring PCCE sandbox back!

dongzhao2024
Level 1
Level 1

Some additional feedback about the recent experience using Cisco DevNet sandbox PCCE and UCCX environment:

Doing well: 

• Nice UI of self service for reserving and interacting with the sandbox environment.
  • Good coverage of various Cisco components in the sandbox environment.
  • Active Cisco forum support for developers.

Can be improved:

• Fix the incorrect information in the lab guide documents. (example1, example2)
  • Additional network access flexibility to allow testing Cisco components integrating with other systems (e.g. AWS) (example1)
  • Additional documentation on the usage of camelot audio testing tool (which is also provided in PCCE sandbox env).

Overall my experience with Cisco DevNet sandbox experience is positive, and thanks for providing this great environments and making them easy public accessible to developers!

Hi @dongzhao2024,

I guess the to-be-fixed issue is from this post: https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/packaged-contact-center-enterprise-12-6-finesse-out-of-service/m-p/5029971

Yes, that is correct.

Thank you for the feedback. Regarding audio for the sandbox, it is unfortunately one of the limitations for this sandbox. The main purpose of this sandbox is to try and play around with the APIs for the different products in the solution hence the lack of audio. As you discovered, you can install Jabber on one device but it is not possible to have it on another device with audio. One way audio should theoretically work but it has never been tested. Camelot's function in the sandbox is to simulate phones for the purposes of making a call, putting it on hold, etc.

Thanx,

Denise

dongzhao2024
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @dekwan , it has been 2 weeks since the PCCE sandbox was disabled for new creation. Do we have any rough estimate of when will PCCE be available again in the DevNet Sandbox environment? Thanks!

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. We are still working on the sandbox. There are other issues we would like to fix while it is offline.

Thanx,

Denise

dongzhao2024
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you @dekwan for the quick response. I noticed today that both PCCE and UCCX sandbox are disabled. Hope they can be available again soon!

dongzhao2024
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed that the PCCE sandbox environment is available to launch a new instance today!

Thank you @dekwan and others for the great support and help!

Also noticed after my reservation this lab shows "The maximum number of concurrent environments for this blueprint has been reached. Please try again later.

dongzhao2024
Level 1
Level 1

Unable to login Remote Desktop to AW1-A following this guide: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/sandbox/#!pcce-sandbox/remote-desktop-to-aw1-a 

using pcceAdmin as username will show incorrect username.

using BERLIN.ICM\pcceAdmin as username will show below error:

"The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed"

dongzhao2024_0-1711140349435.png

cc @dekwan 

Hi, 

I was working with Denise just now to test some changes we made to PCCE and that is why you could spin up an instance. However, we are still having an issue with the domain controller and AW1. We know the issue and it will be fixed on Monday. Once tested and verified, we will release PCCE next week. This has taken quiet a lot longer than we anticipated. Its a complex lab. 
Apologies but you can end your current reservation and pick up a new one next week.

Thanks, 

Joe

dongzhao2024
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you @jokearns1 for your quick response! Appreciate all your efforts to make PCCE great! Can't wait for the new PCCE sandbox release next week!

dongzhao2024
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @jokearns1 @dekwan , I can successfully launch a new instance of PCCE in our Cisco DevNet sandbox today, and thanks again for your great effort and help!

I noticed when I tried to visit Finesse website via https://fin-pub-a-50.berlin.icm:8445/desktop/container/landing.jsp?locale=en_US it shows `This Finesse Server is currently out of service. For more information, contact your administrator.`

I followed the suggestion in https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/packaged-contact-center-enterprise-12-6-finesse-out-of-service/m-p/5030236/highlight/true#M14332 and see the same stopped server.

dongzhao2024_0-1711396756115.png

I remember we planned to fix this issue in the release. Not sure whether this is still pending to be fixed. Thanks

Restart the router A server and re-run the c:\StartScript\StartCUCATT.bat from AW1-A server fixed this issue.

Hi @dongzhao2024 ,

Joe and I are still working on the sandbox and it is not ready. This is why you are still seeing an issue. Please end your current reservation and wait for us to give you the go ahead.

Thanx,

Denise

dongzhao2024
Level 1
Level 1

I see. Thanks @dekwan for the quick confirmation! I will then wait for further notice when the new PCCE sandbox env is ready. Thank you!