cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Terrible Performance - RDP access to Cisco Jabber 12.0 in the Sandbox

peterbailey
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to run tests in the sandbox again today, and as usual,the performance of the Jabber Client is abysmal. This is an integral piece of the sandbox and without it the sandbox is essentially useless. I appreciate the fact that Cisco is providing these facilities to help people develop for their platform, but surely a company with Cisco's expertise can setup and host an environment that is robust and performant. 

I was hoping that after the 4 recent days of maintenance to the sandbox facilities that things would improve, but that has not proven to be the case.

Cisco - is there any hope that you will rectify the problems here so that we can test and support your hardware/software?

2 Replies 2

zowu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Peter,

We are sorry for your inconvenience while accessing the Jabber client.

As you know, it is a Windows 10 box and runs Windows Update automatically in the background, which will impact the whole system's performance. We've pause the Windows Update service temporarily and it is responsive now. 

There is another option to have Jabber 12.0 installed in your local PC. You can copy the .msi file from the host's desktop. The credential for jabber login is demobot02/ciscopsdt (using 10.10.20.17 IM & Presence server)

Regards,

Bob 

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 1.00.16 AM.png

Thanks for the reply Bob. I'll try installing that locally.

Cheers,

Peter