Views
Helpful
Replies

Third party SIP and Shared Endpoint Lab

m-haggstrom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In the "Shared Endpoint Lab" I can add a third party SIP phone. But how does I configure the SIP phone? I'm trying to use a "soft" phone called MicroSIP. To begin with, what is the SIP server address?

When I added the SIP phone I used the MAC address of the network adapter for the AnyConnect VPN connection.

Regards,

Magnus

7 Replies 7

jokearns1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Magnus,

The MAC must be the same as what is on the CUCM. Using the Anyconnect Mac should be fine as long as it matches up.

I am not familiar with that type of soft phone. Can you send me the MAC and we check the CUCM?

Joe

Hi Joe,

The MAC is 00-05-9A-3C-7A-00.

Magnus

Magnus,

What does that endpoint require when registering i.e. username/password etc? I can see the MAC exists on the CUCM and has a DN. Digest user is tommy******93.

Joe

Here is the settings dialog in my SIP client:

microsip_settings.png

When I try to connect I get the message "Not Found". Yet it seems like the client can reach the server, because if I try to connect when the VPN is down it tries for a while and then I get a timeout message.

// Magnus

Hi again,

I tried to change the Transport field to "TLS" and then it tries to connect for a while but ends up with error message "Service Unavailable".

// Magnus

Can you set the domain to "abc.inc" and try logging in again. Looking at you device, the CUCM is saying rejected. They are definitely communicating.

Same error messages.

When not using TLS I get this SIP error:

"404 Not Found - The server has definitive information that the user does not exist at the domain specified in the Request-URI. This status is also returned if the domain in the Request-URI does not match any of the domains handled by the recipient of the request"

When using TLS I get this SIP error:

"503 Service Unavailable - The server is undergoing maintenance or is temporarily overloaded and so cannot process the request. A "Retry-After" header field may specify when the client may reattempt its request."

(Text taken from Wikipedia)