Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Sandbox availability

connor.sadler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just wanting to try out the new UCCX sandbox - UCCX_EarlyRelease.

Tried to reserve it but it offered me a date in September (September 25th).

Is this correct?

I thought Cisco were trying to improve availability of these sandboxes?

If we have to wait 7 months it's basically unusable - I'd be better of taking my laptop to the customer site and I'd be done in a couple of days.

If my company could pay for better availability that would also be a better option.

Regards,

Connor

19 Replies 19

Hello Connor-

There's availability between 11:30am CST today and 7:00am CST tomorrow. The next available longer duration would be anytime starting on April 2nd. You can manually set you reservation to start from either of these times. When the reservation window appears, click on "2 hours" and a dialog will open. From there, you can change "start now" to whichever date which you'd prefer, set the reservation duration, and you should be all set.

ResWindow1.PNG

ResWindow.PNG

Let us know if you encounter any problems along the way!

Thanks!

Jacob

Hi again,

Just wanting to get back to my task on this.

I managed to get a couple of hours today.

Is this sandbox only allowing one person to use it at once? Is that correct?

Thanks,

Connor

Hello Connor-

Currently it only supports 2 concurrent reservations. This is being expanded soon to allow many more instances! I hope to have this done in a few weeks time. The UCCX lab is available on the 26th for 5 full days right now! I would recommend reserving it or likely that time-slot will be booked. I will post in the forum when the UCCX can support more instances!

Thanks!

Jacob

Jim Pilgrim
Level 5
Level 5

The UCCX lab is a great tool.  I have used it once and plan to use it much more.  Thank you for making this possible.  It did take quite a while for the setup but once it was there it was great to use.

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Something like that may be difficult, as the Cisco softphones are likely to not function well (i.e. not launch) if they do not have available audio input/out sources.  Even if you have one native softphone running and one in a VM on the same PC, you typically have to dedicate the audio resources in the VM (or not) so you can't really run two softphones on a PC, even in a VM.

If you do not have three PCs available, you might want to look into obtaining a Cisco hardware phone or two.  Most later models include built-in AnyConnect VPN support, or you can use older phone models if you have a hardware router with VPN tunnel capabilities (e.g. Cisco 800 series.)