cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Connection Issues

brian7
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a couple of issues with the VPN. At first I was able to successfully connect to the network and run remote desktop, but unable to access the Finesse servers from my PC. Now I'm getting the error message

"The secure gateway has rejected the connection attempt.  A new connection attempt to the same or another secure gateway is needed, which requires re-authentication.

The following message was received from the secure gateway: No assigned address"

"AnyConnect was not able to establish a connection to the specified secure gateway. Please try connecting again."

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mbaseer@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brian,

Apologies for the delay. Please to try and connect again from a different ISP.  Sometimes corporate networks block outgoing VPNs, which could be preventing the VPN connection.  Also, check with the IT department to see if they are allowed to have external VPNs.

Also, if you could please provide the exact version of any connect you're using.

Thanks

Mobina

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mbaseer@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brian,

Apologies for the delay. Please to try and connect again from a different ISP.  Sometimes corporate networks block outgoing VPNs, which could be preventing the VPN connection.  Also, check with the IT department to see if they are allowed to have external VPNs.

Also, if you could please provide the exact version of any connect you're using.

Thanks

Mobina

I'm trying to connect from home and not using a corporate network. I'm using Mobility Client 4.4.03034.  I also added tried adding the ip to my hosts file with no luck.

I can access everything just fine from the remote desktops

Any ideas?

Hi Brian,

I am able to connect to your  Anyconnect session. Please send a screen shot of the issue, if you are still having issues connecting.

Thanks

Mobina

Yes. It's working now. Sometimes, I run into a few hiccups with the sandboxes, but for the most part everything works.