Visitas
ÚTIL
Respuestas

Ansible ios_command prompt issue

and76
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone

I'm writting you because I'm actually having a problem with the prompt using ios_command in Ansible.

So, I'm sending a command to copy a file from a FTP server. The prompt will ask to confirm the file name, so I'm sending '\r' as the answer, as a carriage return. Everything works fine with many devices, but then a new file comes into play, and the file has a name similar to this: cModelx-universalk9.version.bin

My task looks like this:

- name: FTP Transfer
     ios_command:
       commands:
         - command: 'copy ftp://server/path/filename'
            prompt: '[ {{ filename }} ]'
            answer: "\r"

I keep the file name in the variable called filename. So, I'm receiving the following error in the console:

Failed to compile one or more terminal prompt regexes: bad character range x-u at position 7

What's happening here is that the prompt is reading the filename string as if I were using regex, so it's treating that part of the name where you have the x-u as if I'm trying to tell "Hey! check for characters among the x and u letters!" ... of course, it won't work since x comes after the u letter. It's not failing with other file names. I have a file that has a-x in the string, and it's not failing.

I understand that I can change the file name and fix the issue, but it's not so simple, I don't have the possibility to rename the file. 

That Ansible task is being used for other models, so I would prefer not to change it. I'm trying to find a way to tell Ansible to read the string as a plain text and ignore character combinations. I couldn't find anything on the documentation.

Do you know if is there any parameter I can use?

Thanks in advance

0 RESPUESTAS 0