Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

809 sdk & architecture

Hello everyone,

we will be testing the 809 Industrial router and we cannot find the SDK for this product...can anybody point at it please?

Also, it's unclear what architecture is the device using...x86? PowerPC? ARM?

thanks!

3 Replies 3

Steve Zhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Damiano,

IR809 is using an Intel processor with X86 64bit architecture. There is IOx SDK2 for IR809/829. .

For details of IR809/829 and its application development guide, please refer to the IR829/809 parts in !!! GETTING STARTED with Cisco IOx

Thanks,

Steve

Thank you Steve!

I have an additional question...I've been reading some documentation, including the Hardware Installation Guide. We were told we could load an OVA on top of the 809 Hypervisor, but it seems that's not possible...you have to start from the provided Guest OS...am I right?

thanks

Hi Damiano,

For CAF, it may support the applications of PaaS (Python, Java, etc), Containter Style Application(LXC, Docker), and VM Packaged applications. PaaS and VM supported currently. and the others will be supported in the progress or in future.

If you want to do some application development without a real GOS, you may use a development OVA for IOx-CAF instance. See !!! GETTING STARTED with Cisco IOx for details.

Thanks,

Steve