cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delivery Receipt through ESA fails

TruongP
Level 1
Level 1

When sending an email and requesting a "Delivery Receipt" via the checkbox within Outlook (New Message -> Options -> "Request a Delivery Receipt"), a message is generated by the originating Exchange environment that states:

Sender: Microsoft Outlook

Subject: Relayed: Test Message

Message Body: Delivery to these recipients or groups is complete, but no delivery notification was sent by the destination server.

The test message is successfully delivered to the destination.

Environment Layout:  Exchange Environment 1 -> Cisco ESA -> Exchange Environment 2

I have full control over all three environments.  If I remove the ESA from the environment layout and alter the routing to go direct and repeat the test, I receive the correct response from the destination server per below:

Sender: postmaster@destination_domain.com

Subject: Delivered: Test Message

Message Body: Your message has been delivered to the following recipients:

user@destination_domain.com

Subject: Test Message

There is nothing that I can find in logging to suggest anything has been "dropped/bounced" from either Exchange or the ESA.  In the direct connect scenario, there is outbound logging from destination_domain Exchange showing the send events of the Delivery Notification.  It's like the ESA is blocking/changing/altering the Delivery Notification request and it's not making it through to the destination.

0 Replies 0