cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtual ESA LGAP GUI problem

pauls7490
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I am running virtualized ESA and after I configured the LDAP and committed the changes, I was no longer able to access the LDAP GUI. I got the following error:

Application Error

An application error has occurred and has been logged to the GUI log.

Return to the default screen.

I did some digging and I found this message in the log file:

The Critical message is:

>An application fault occurred: ('formutil/deleteIcon.py deleteIcon|32',

>"<type 'exceptions.ValueError'>", "unsupported format character 'C'

>(0x43) at index 51", '[util/Aquarium.py screenLoop|408]

>[util/InternalLibrary.py inverseExtend|328] [util/InternalLibrary.py

>__call__|769] [layout/Bare.py __call__|580] [util/InternalLibrary.py

>__call__|769] [layout/CssAndJavaScript.py __call__|451]

>[util/InternalLibrary.py __call__|769] [layout/Sparse.py __call__|1447]

>[util/InternalLibrary.py __call__|771]

>[system_administration/ldap_view.py __call__|178]

>[Cheetah/NameMapper.py

>valueFromSearchList|250] [Cheetah/NameMapper.py _valueForName|229]

>[system_administration/ldap_view.py LDAPProfiles|427] [util/Curry.py

>__call__|39] [formutil/deleteIconLink.py deleteIconLink|8]

>[util/Curry.py __call__|39] [formutil/deleteIcon.py deleteIcon|32]')

Could you help me with this problem? Did anyone else got this problem with GUI? Do I have to upgrade the version of ESA?

Thank you

Paul 

2 Replies 2

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of AsyncOS is running on your ESA?  How many times has the application fault occurred?

Found an older internal defect this was found against --->

Wed Nov  9 08:37:41 2011 Critical: An application fault occurred: (''formutil/deleteIcon.py deleteIcon|32'', ""<type ''exceptions.ValueError''>"", ""unsupported format character ''t'' (0x74) at index 37"", ''[util/Aquarium.py screenLoop|408] [util/InternalLibrary.py inverseExtend|328] [util/InternalLibrary.py __call__|769] [layout/Bare.py __call__|578] [util/InternalLibrary.py __call__|769] [layout/CssAndJavaScript.py __call__|451] [util/InternalLibrary.py __call__|769] [layout/Sparse.py __call__|1231] [util/InternalLibrary.py __call__|771] [mail_policies/text_resources_view.py __call__|209] [mail_policies/text_resources_view.py displayTextResourceRow|328] [util/Curry.py __call__|39] [formutil/deleteIcon.py deleteIcon|32]'')

Shows fixed after 7.6 versions.

This application fault is tied back to GUI usage, and more than likely someone w/ a character set that used "t"... OS/GUI did not understand and faulted against the GUI function.

-Robert

Thank you Robert. Jeff (our master) fix the issue. He downloaded the config file and deleted LDAP statement and then uploaded modified config file. I will write up a short document on what he did and share it on this post for others.

Thank you for your response. 

Paul