cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Secure Client Module not installing Windows Server 2022

asdraper
Level 1
Level 1

I am creating Deployment Profiles from Secure X in order to push Secure Client (and our modules) to workstations and servers.  The deployment profile for workstations works as expected, whether using a Full Installer or Network installer.  I am now trying to do the same for our servers, and I cannot seem to get the Secure Endpoint / Client module to install.  I have created both Full and Network installers, including our Cloud Management Profile, as well as the Secure Endpoint Version and group.  First I was trying to Skip AnyConnect as well as any other modules. 

When installing with this deployment .exe, the only thing that gets installed on the server is Cisco Cloud Management Diagnostics.  I then created another deployment .exe that included AnyConnectVPN - that module gets installed, but still not Cloud Management or Secure Endpoint modules.  

I have tried multiple different varieties of the Deployment files, and have tried on multiple Server 2022 instances.  I have not yet tried on any other server OS.  All the workstations seem to have deployed just fine, though.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Roman Valenta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Last update:

The fix goes out today for this, APJC is done and NAM/EU will be deployed in couple hours.

Please Note that  Existing installs weren't affected, only the new full installs. So, any "full installers" that were generated before the fix should be discarded and a new one should be downloaded manually.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Roman Valenta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This could be related to something we just discovered and file a internal ticket with our XDR/SX DEV team yesterday. The issue seem to be with the deploytool.exe that is inside of the install package.

To be more specific the issue seems to be related only to newest version 1.1.2.4. If you want to be certain check your workstation package against the package that you created recently for the server. Open the archive and you will find under resources folder deploytool.exe do a right click properties and check the version. Or you can just compare the version of the entire installer that you downloaded from the portal. Version 1.1.2.3 has no issue.

1014_677_1.png

We are currently working on the permanent fix for this. As far as I know his only affecting installing the Secure Endpoint (AMP) module. I will update this post once I know more .

That does appear to be the case - previous installers used on workstations are 1.1.2.3, the installers just created for servers are 1.1.2.4. Is there a way to leverage the previous tool, or will all deployments created from SecureX at this point be packaged with 1.1.2.4

Unfortunately that's the case as you can't really select that tool anywhere in the console/portal and it will be add it automatically when package is created.

We did open the case yesterday so hopefully will have some answer later today. When I was performing tests in my lab and trying to narrow this down the nigh before I was able to inject the older version  of the deploytool.exe and that worked but it's not feasible to make this happened in larger scale only what that did for me was proof that its with in that one application in the entire package.

Hey Roman, 

Back last June we saw the deployment tool not installing Cloud Management and NVM... we were deploying the full installer via SCCM "Applications"  That checks to see if the MSI ran... and it wasn't seeing the MSI's installed... my packager just broke it up and rewrote the package to make it work, and we hadn't had time to go back and revisit it...   Hopefully I can get some time to look at this new build soon. 

Ken 

Hi Ken,

Test it and let me know I didn't had any issue with the MSI but it was the EXE for SE that was never created and also I don't have working SCCM in my lab.

-Roman

Roman Valenta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So as I promised to update by end of the day, I got one about the fix which will be deployed in the next update which is scheduled on Tuesday 04/02.

The other thing is that I try to deploy Network Installer and that deployed with out any issue including the Secure Client.

Roman Valenta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Last update:

The fix goes out today for this, APJC is done and NAM/EU will be deployed in couple hours.

Please Note that  Existing installs weren't affected, only the new full installs. So, any "full installers" that were generated before the fix should be discarded and a new one should be downloaded manually.