Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco secure endpoint not available on cisco secure client

tumi1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

we are using cisco anyconnect with ise posture module, umbrella and AMP module, now we want to upgrade to cisco secure client, i have been researching and it seems like it does not have the AMP enabler module, only available for MAC. how can we upgrade so that AMP module appears,

i have seen something about secureX integration but i am not sure about it. please assist,  i have spend the whole day researching about this  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have not used SecureX to deploy, but you can push the Secure Endpoint updates separately from the AMP / Secure Endpoint cloud console. As long as the version you push is 8.0+ and your Secure Client is 5.0+, it will integrate automatically as a module/tile in your Secure Client software.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

So... 1, the amp enabler was never great... so lets forget about it...
Here's a bit about CSC:
https://www.cisco.com/site/us/en/products/security/secure-client/index.html

Do you currently have SecureX?

This email is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by telephone and return the original message to us at the listed email address.
Thank You.

Thank you for your response Ken

Yes we have a SecureX

Ok.. in SecureX, click on Insights at the top.
Then on the left click on Deployment Management.

Here you'll build deployments which define the various pieces you want in the "package", and the various profiles they need
Anyconnect and any profiles you wand deployed with it
Secure Endpoint and which group in the Secure Endpoint console the machine goes in
Umbrella and its Orginfo.Json file

Once you build the deployments you need (we have Desktop, Laptop, Server, etc...), you can download the full installer (everything in the file), or the network installer (pulls pieces from the cloud), and then deploy THAT the way you normally would.

Once deployed, you can come back to your deployments here and change the versions as Cisco moves forward... and your machines will see that and update themselves.

This email is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by telephone and return the original message to us at the listed email address.
Thank You.

Thank you for your response Ken

I have tried it but, the secure endpoint is not showing up and it was installing in silent mode, I will keep on trying,

is there a configuration document that i can follow, maybe i didn't do it correctly,

i was following this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNCZRFyEYJo

2 things...
Create your own CloudManagement profile and set the Product Update Window to disabled.
Its smart and won't update VPN while the users are connected the rest you want to clear the window, especially if you're doing the network install.

If you're using the Full install, try using the Network install package.
My packager had some issues, so ended up rebuilding the full package, but we ended up using the network package as it was more reliable...

Thank You.

thank you for your response Ken

It is still not appearing, please find the attached screenshot of my configuration in secureX, maybe i am missing something 

I have not used SecureX to deploy, but you can push the Secure Endpoint updates separately from the AMP / Secure Endpoint cloud console. As long as the version you push is 8.0+ and your Secure Client is 5.0+, it will integrate automatically as a module/tile in your Secure Client software.

Thank for you response Marvin

it worked, thank you very much for your solution

i really appreciate it

Roman Valenta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Agreed with Ken on AMP enabler

What would also help is if you provide more info where you at right now and what you trying to do. For example...

Current Setup
Windows 10/11
Legacy AnyConnect 4.1x + ISE Posture + Umbrella + Secure Endpoint version? (7.x.x or 8.x.x)

Future Setup
Windows 10/11
Secure Client 5.x (Formerly AnyConnect) + Umbrella + Secure Endpoint version? (7.x.x or 8.x.x)

Also is this new deployment or upgrade?
How do you plan to upgrade? (ASA/FP/ISE Head-end or 3rd party Automation like SCCM)
SecureX or XDR Customer?

Thank you for the feedback

Current Setup
Windows 11
Legacy AnyConnect 4.1x + ISE Posture + Umbrella + Secure Endpoint version? (7.x.x or 8.x.x)

Future Setup
Windows 11
Secure Client 5.x (Formerly AnyConnect) + Umbrella + Secure Endpoint version? (7.x.x or 8.x.x)

It is an upgrade

How do you plan to upgrade? (ASA/FP/ISE Head-end or 3rd party Automation like SCCM)
SecureX or XDR Customer?

because our deployment is small, like 25 computers, we are just going to do it manual, run the MSI windows installer

I would like to know how i can enable secure endpoint on the secure client