cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Endpoint IOC documents?

Danielm77
Level 1
Level 1

We're currently running the AMP for windows client. When I'm in the SourceFire web console and try to force or schedule a scan on endpoint clients I get a message that "There are no endpoint IOC documents activated."

I don't see how to resolve this in the user guide, or even what the endpoint ioc documents are.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this so we can push scans from the AMP web console out to user endpoints?

Thanks.  

4 Replies 4

adhogan
Level 1
Level 1

You upload IOCs to your AMP console. This will define what to look for in a IOC scan. This is support for the Open IOC standard - and is in addition to the normal protection AMP provides. 

There are example IOCs in the AMP documentation. You can also download Open IOCs from a number of security sites/forums.

But if you aren't familiar with Open IOC then this probably isn't the feature you are looking for. If you simply wish to schedule a full AMP scan you can set that up in your policy. 

Thank you for your response. I'll dig into the IOC part, but what I'm really trying to do is force a remote scan of specific computers. I see now that you can schedule it in the policy as you mentioned but it would be for the whole policy. I could schedule then push the computer to it's own group with that policy. 

I was just figuring there was an option to go to a specific computer in the AMP console and push a flash or full scan immediately vs a whole group or scheduling it. 

Oh sorry, yeah, there is a way. 

Go to Management > Computers. Use the search/filter stuff to find the host you're interested in. Click the plus sign on the left side of that computer to expand out information about that computer. At the bottom of that window you will see a Scan button. Click that, then choose flash or full and then click Start Scan. 

Thanks, that might be the issue. I've started at that same screen each time, I think I'm having a connectivity issue because the scans aren't actually taking place from that screen. I'm being told now that some of the clients are saying they aren't connected... time to work out that issue instead!