Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Oracle connection checker class for Datasource in CPSC 10.0.R2

Hi,

I am trying to configure a datasource with an Oracle database [RequestCenter is on SQL Server] in v.10.0.R2. In previous version of CPSC, we used the UnifiedDriver class and UDBValidConnectionChecker.

<driver-class>com.newscale.jdbc.UnifiedDriver</driver-class>

<valid-connection-checker-class-name>com.newscale.jboss.resource.UDBValidConnectionChecker</valid-connection-checker-class-name>

In the installation guide, it is mentioned as "If you have any customization that makes use of the newScale unified driver, it has to be replaced with the appropriate JDBC driver based on the database type". Where can we refer the 'appropriate driver class'? In the standalone-full.xml file, what JDBC driver class and connetion checker I can provide?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Guna

4 Replies 4

I am able to add the data source via JBoss administrator; but it is not listed in the Administration -> Data Source Registry in 10.0.R2. 

Can any one have suggestion for this?

Thanks,

Guna

The issue is resolved now.

When migrating from 9.3.2 to 10.0.R2, the "Type" column in DefDataSource table was not altered.

Used the below query to fix this issue

ALTER TABLE [DefDataSource] ALTER COLUMN [Type] varchar(500)

This was identified and resolved via the service request 638364597 

Thanks,

Guna

mpetra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

For 10.0R2, I believe this is the connection checker for Oracle: com.newscale.jboss.resource.OracleConnectionValidator, though I tend to use: org.jboss.jca.adapters.jdbc.extensions.oracle.OracleValidConnectionChecker

Hi Matt,

This didn't help in resolving the issue. I am able to create a datasource via JBoss or manually via changing the standalone-full.xml file. Whatever I create, is not listed under 'Data Source Registry' in the 'Administration' module. I am not sure if there are any restrictions over there; but we couldn't see more than 7 items in the data source at administration module though we are able to add it via jboss / the xml file [be it oracle / sql server, it is not listed].

A sample datasource is given below:

<datasource jta="false" jndi-name="java:/MINDDS" pool-name="MINDDS" enabled="true" use-ccm="false">
<connection-url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@servername:port:SID</connection-url>
<driver-class>oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver</driver-class>
<connection-property name="selectMethod">
direct
</connection-property>
<connection-property name="sendStringParametersAsUnicode">
true
</connection-property>
<driver>oracle-thin</driver>
<pool>
<min-pool-size>20</min-pool-size>
<max-pool-size>80</max-pool-size>
</pool>
<security>
<user-name>userid</user-name>
<password>password</password>
</security>
<validation>
<valid-connection-checker class-name="org.jboss.jca.adapters.jdbc.extensions.oracle.OracleValidConnectionChecker"/>
</validation>
</datasource>

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Guna