cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 configured as SRST router keeps losing dial-peer configuration for the FXO ports

mvarazlic
Level 1
Level 1

I have several 2811 routers that are configured as SRST routers.  They are how we route 911 for our campuses.  Several of them lose the config for the dial-peers occasionally but I have one that loses it constantly.  I have to check the config every morning.  What could cause the configuration to fall off?

5 Replies 5

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

What type of configuration is lost?  Is the device rebooting at all?  Possibly some script is running on your network that is changing the configs?  Anything showing in the log for the user who made the config changes?  Might be worth setting up AAA to see what is changing the config.

This is what it is losing:

dial-peer voice 999000 pots
 service mgcpapp
 port 0/0/0
dial-peer voice 999001 pots
 service mgcpapp
 port 0/0/1

The device isn't rebooting.  We don't have any scripts running that should affect the router.  I mistakenly rebooted before I checked the logs this last time but I don't remember anything sticking out to me before.  What is a AAA?  Thanks for responding so quickly.

AAA is Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting.  It would show us if something is logging in and changing config.

Do you have "ccm-manager fallback-mgcp" configured?  That would remove the config if it lost MGCP registration with CallManager.

Here is our fallback command:

call-manager-fallback
 max-conferences 8 gain -6
 transfer-system full-consult
 ip source-address 10.32.10.240 port 2000
 max-ephones 24
 max-dn 24
 keepalive 20

You can probably tell from me referring to it as an SRST router that it is also used for a fallback router for our phones at that campus.  Will the fallback commands delete the dial-peer commands anytime it loses connection to our callmanager?

You should have some global MGCP configs.  Can you post the full config?