cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3825 CCME - 7936 Conference phones disconnect abnormally

ctd_77801
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running Call Manager Express on a 3825 with a single PVDM2-64, using on PRI.

I have 5 7936 conference phones that are able to dial out and connect.

I'm using an off site 800 meet me number that everyone dials into.

If the phones are on mute they seem to stay connected, but if I unmute one and start talking all of the 7936 phones are disconnecting from the CME.  If I am looking at the logs on the CME, I see "ip phone has unregistered abnormally".  I don't lose the PRI and am able to make a call out on a 7940 that is right next to it.

I believe I might be using too much resources on the CME causing it to disconnect the phone.

Do I need to add another PVDM module or more ram in the CME?

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

Samuel T Mathai
Level 1
Level 1

I think you may have less resources.  please share show run , sh version, sh inv. 

Just posted them. Thanks

Thanks. I think you may need one more pvdm. you have 2 PRI and 49 ephone-dn with dual line. Can you please try to check this "sh voice dsp active" and see how if all dsp channels are busy ? Sorry. I am not able to find your meet me conference configuration.

Right now they aren't connected so I'll have to bring them back up.

There really isn't a meet me config on the router.  The 800 is off site and we are just dialing into it using the 7936 phones.

The fact that it is showing unregistered abnormally makes me think the resources are being maxed out.  I have another PVDM2-64 I can add to see if that resolves it.

I did run the command with a couple of phones connected and I don't see where there is a percentage of DSP / PVDM being used

----------------------------FLEX VOICE CARD 0 ------------------------------
                        *DSP ACTIVE VOICE CHANNELS*
DSP      DSPWARE           VOX DSP               SIG DSP            PAK   TX/RX
TYPE     VERSION CODEC    NUM CH TS VOICEPORT SLT NUM CH TS RST AI ABRT PACK COU
NT
===== ========== ======== === == == ========= === === == == === == ==== ========
====
C5510    9.4.809 g711ulaw  003 01 23 0/0/0:23  000 004 07 23   0  0    0    4964
/4974
------------------------END OF FLEX VOICE CARD 0 ----------------------------

Thanks,

Ok. so you are using other site resources for Meet me conference..