cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

911 calls failing

pbrackett1
Level 1
Level 1

I am working with a network phone system running CUCM 10, alongside CER and some other similar systems. Inside the phone network, calls to 911 are failing. The caller gets a rapid busy signal when they try. I can see the attempts in the CER call history, and I do receive the emergency alert notification ("Alert, caller at extension XXXX is in emergency."). The call router (a Cisco C2911) shows the calls being made (see the attached log for an example). My telecom is reporting that the calls are being denied because they are not properly defined. They have pointed to a couple of specific lines in the log file from my router:

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '911'
Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Anyone have any ideas. I'm in over my head and could really use some assistance.

33 Replies 33

It’s impossible to give you an answer on this based upon the limited information given here. For one it looks like you have not set an inbound CSS on the SIP trunk and without that inbound calls to you from the gateway will not work.

If you take screenshots of all settings on the SIP trunk and also of all settings of your H.323 gateway then we can compare these and determine if you have completely configured the needed values on the SIP trunk.

Response Signature

pbrackett1
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for the delay. Too many other fish frying... First, the settings for the H.323 gateway:

Capture01.PNG

Capture02.PNG

Capture03.PNG

Capture04.PNG

pbrackett1
Level 1
Level 1

And second, the settings for my new SIP trunk:

Capture05-01.PNG

Capture05-02.PNG

Capture05-03.PNG

Capture05-04.PNG

Capture05-05.PNG

This is what I see that you should look into as it's different between the two.

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Response Signature