Views
Helpful
Replies

Activation Code or Service Domain

JDT69RR
Level 1
Level 1

I’m stuck...

I inadvertently hit reset service mode and now my phone is stuck at asking for an activation code or service domain. This isn’t an issue of using it remotely and returning to the same location. It’s never changed locations. Service mode shows unknown and should be on-premise... How can I achieve this? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

your phone should have TFTP server information 192.168.20.1. if the phone takes IP through DHCP which is configured on Cisco switch or router you need the add the command in bold.

Exmaple.

Ip dhcp pool local phones
network    x.x.x..0       255.255.255.0
default-router    x.x.x.1
option 150 ip    y.y.y.y

if the IP is assigned  static, you need to add the TFTP address manually. 

one more thing I didn't see voice register pool and dn configured from your shared configuration. hope you have configured it. 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

If it’s on-prem and registers with CUCM it sounds like it doesn’t get any TFTP server via option 150 from DHCP. Have you checked that the phone has this in settings and if not if it’s present in your DHCP scope?

Response Signature

Can you please be more specific how I can achieve that? It’s getting an IP address. 

86F970A4-E52D-488C-924B-0FEA5191C182.jpeg

4D6A49C0-20EE-4850-A7E7-74EBB2DC1C62.jpeg

A465BCA6-E612-4CCA-81C0-9C89304FD7F9.jpeg

As you can see on your pictures the phone has no TFTP server defined. Without this the phone would not be able to get the configuration from CUCM. If you don’t have any experience with this I would recommend you to reach out to a reputable Cisco partner for help or at a minimum read up on the topic at hand to learn the basics.

Response Signature

The rest of the phones are working fine and are not connected to a tftp server. 

What call processing service are you using? For phones to get configuration from CUCM they require a TFTP server to connect to. If you have any other call processing service than CUCM it’s an all together different thing.

Response Signature

I’m using CUCME

It also uses TFTP to pass on the configuration to the phones. Would you mind to post the configuration of CME in an attached file so that we can verify the configuration?

Response Signature

In the CME configuration you have a DHCP pool (same thing known as a scope in other DHCP setups) defined, however it’s not the one that is used by the phones to get the IP address as the DNS servers are totally different in this pool then the once in your pictures for settings on the phone. As I previously already wrote and now also @Nithin Eluvathingal option 150 is needed in the DHCP scope for the phone to get the TFTP server as it’s from there the phones would get it’s configuration. Without it it has no idea on how to register. That’s the situation you’re in with the phone you cleared the service mode on.

Also on the CME you have another option configured on the DHCP pool, option 43. What is that used for, I’ve never seen that before?

Response Signature

I did not configure this system. I noticed in one of the replies option 43 may be for the Wireless Controller and AP’s? 

your phone should have TFTP server information 192.168.20.1. if the phone takes IP through DHCP which is configured on Cisco switch or router you need the add the command in bold.

Exmaple.

Ip dhcp pool local phones
network    x.x.x..0       255.255.255.0
default-router    x.x.x.1
option 150 ip    y.y.y.y

if the IP is assigned  static, you need to add the TFTP address manually. 

one more thing I didn't see voice register pool and dn configured from your shared configuration. hope you have configured it. 

Response Signature