Helpful
Replies

ATA-190 drops registration

Evgeny Andreev
Level 1
Level 1

hello

cucm 8.6.2

have got  5 ata-190, and all of them have one problem - it drops registration and became unregistered after some period of time. after reboot it works fine several days and then drops it again.

tried different firmware (now it is  ATA190.1-1-2-005), but it doesn't help

ATA-187 works fine.

18 Replies 18

I am having the same issue, ATA-191 going unregistered after an extended period of time ( 1 or 2 months).

I also am wondering which parameter to change.

I do see a parameter in the Product Specific Configuration Layout section named Line 2 Support*.

Mine was Enabled and I have set it to Disabled and now I play the waiting game.

Anyone know anything different?

@Alpha wrote:

I am having the same issue, ATA-191 going unregistered after an extended period of time ( 1 or 2 months).

I also am wondering which parameter to change.

I do see a parameter in the Product Specific Configuration Layout section named Line 2 Support*.

Mine was Enabled and I have set it to Disabled and now I play the waiting game.

Anyone know anything different?

Did this setting change resolve the issue?

Yes it seems to have corrected the problem. I say seems because I have had a couple of drops since the change but I know one was due to 802.1x MAB and I suspect the other was due to something different. I check all ATA most Tuesdays and Thursdays and have not seen drops like I did before. So I say it fixed my problem.

IsaacGuidroz
Level 1
Level 1

I am seeing the same issue (ATA going unregistered after an extended period of time, 1 or 2 months) using CUCM System version: 12.5.1.12900-115. There are a total of 135 ATA 191 units in this environment. During the last two months, over 70 units have become unregistered from CUCM. line-2 support has been disabled on all units and issue persists. No other VIOP devices, even on the same subnets as these ATA 191s, are affected. I have opened a third TAC case regarding this issue yesterday (Issue was never resolved). I have setup a controlled testbed with 14 ATA units and am prepared to perform packet capture and continue troubleshooting. Please share if resolution is discovered, I will do the same.