Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Import of Third-party Phones into CUCM 14

ln33147
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

This is regarding a CUCM environment version 14SU3.

We have around 2000 third-party phones (Teledex) to be configured on CUCM.

As far as I understood from the Teledex provider, these phones use a username and password to authenticate with CUCM. We will be adding them through the Bulk Import Tool but the concern here is that we will need to go to each one of the phones web interface and configure the same username and password that will be configured on CUCM.

Has anyone gone through a similar case? Would there be any way to get the phones to register without having to login manually to each one of them and configure the credentails?

Any help is highly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

This is really not related to bulk import of the devices in CM, or anything related to Cisco Collaboration at all in fact. Recommend you to ask that question to the vendor of the 3:rd party phones.

Response Signature

Hello Roger,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I have posted the question here since it is not currently possible to contact the vendor, unfortunately.. We have managed to configure 1 phone and got it to register successfully. However, I would like to know if anyone got into similar cases and can advise since it will be a headache configuring 2000 phones manually.

The short answer is, no. There isn't a way to have 3rd party phones auto-register with CUCM, and it is unlikely you will find a way to auto-configure the phones themselves. There might be some custom programming magic that a coder could perform, but that is beyond the scope of this forum.

Good luck!

Maren