Views
Helpful
Replies

C1111 for Webex calling local gateway

Kosi227
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Is the hardware Cisco C1111-4p compatible with Webex calling local gateway deployment?

I checked the doc and the information is confusing, please help, thanks!

Accept what was and what is, and you’ll have more positive energy to pursue what will be.
10 Replies 10

Gopinath_Pigili
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Kosi227,

I think.... the Cisco C1111-4p won't support for webex calling..

Here is the data sheet for C1111-4p: https://www.router-switch.com/pdf2html/pdf/c1111-4p-datasheet.pdf

The following Cisco IP Phones support Webex Calling:

• Cisco IP Phone 6800 Series Multiplatform Phones (Audio phones—6821, 6841, 6851, 6861, 6861 Wi-Fi, 6871, 6871 with color display)

• Cisco IP Phone 7800 Series Multiplatform Phones (Audio phones—7811, 7821, 7841, 7861) See the note.

• Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series Multiplatform Phones*

• Audio phones—8811, 8841, 8851, 8861

• Video phones—8845, 8865, 8875

Reference: https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/qkwt4j/Supported-devices-for-Webex-Calling

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck..!!

Hi Pigili, 

thanks for your information, i am asking about the local gateway deployment for the Webex calling, not the phone set model compatible issues. 

Accept what was and what is, and you’ll have more positive energy to pursue what will be.

b.winter
VIP
VIP

What's confusing?
The "Get started with local Gateway" is very clear in my opinion: https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/t9xctu/Get-started-with-Local-Gateway#supported-device-types

Every CUBE platform listed under the mentioned link on the "Get started" site is supported:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-border-element/data-sheet-c78-729692.html#Routerplatformsupport

Hello Winter, I have also gone through this document. The ISR1100 is listed for CUBE deployment, but there are multiple models in the ISR1100 series. It's unclear which model is compatible with the local gateway or if all models are supported.

Hi,

The compatibility is related to which functionality can run a Router Model with a specific IOS XE Release.

The local gateway compatibility guide that @b.winter mentioned, refers to IOS XE version Bengaluru 17.6.1a and idicates the router main model where this IOS Version can Run with the required features.

In this case you have C1111-4p model which is part of ISR1K family and, more specific , it's part of ISR1100 family that is listed as compatible local gateway.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Colsen899
Level 1
Level 1

It seems the Cisco C1111-4p might not be in the list of supported devices for Webex Calling. The compatibility is outlined for specific IP Phone models, mainly within the 6800, 7800, and 8800 Series, as mentioned in the provided details. 

Hi @Colsen899 

C1111-4p it's a Router not an IP Phone and the original post was about a Compatible Local Gateway

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

azoupas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi @Carlo Poggiarelli 

according to CUBE datasheet   C1111-4P supports CUBE so should be ok for LGW (using CUBE feature set).
Note of course that if you need DSP (needed in rare cases to fix interop issues with PSTN provider) or TDM voice interfaces then C1100 platforms can not cover you.

extra note: although datasheet mentions : ''1ISR1100 4G/6G models for SDWAN do not support the CUBE feature set.''
I believe there might be some update on datasheet on this subject (for these models). But this is not related with the model in your initial question.

hope this helps

Hi @azoupas 

Thanks for your point.

Agree but being the c1111-4p a fixed configuration router I think that TDM Interface would not fit on that and working with TSP Providers using SIP should not require DSP resources working with them using standard Signaling  and Codecs.

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

azoupas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes, as mentioned ISR1000 can not be used for TDM interfaces. no disagreement on this.
Now on IP Trunk cases:
my understanding from my experience in EMEA is that most PSTN providers can offer calls in a way that we will not need DSPs for transcoding/DTMF interop.
Now having said that I have one PSTN provider that has certain low end CPEs(for home users) that demand DTMF inband raw(I know a bit crazy but this is the case) - so when these home users make calls your company using WxC you will need probably to do CUBE transcoding to convert DTMF inband raw to DTMF RFC 2833 (otherwise if DTMF input is needed by home user it will not work).
Another case I heard in US is that a PSTN provider does not control codec selection for SIP calls between companyA and company B meaning that if companyA accepts/offers G729a codec only then companyB using WebexCalling would need to use CUBE DSPs to do transcoding and change to G711. These are two examples - I agree they are probably rare but if you are using these providers then you need to take these into account .