cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler Caller Input Fails on First Try and Works on Second Try.

chuck47172
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Unity Connection Administration
Cisco Unity Connection version: 12.5.1.13900-35

I have call handler whose caller input works fine with internal calls.
If I call from my cell phone, the caller input will fail and play the message "you cannot be transferred to this number. check the number and try again".
Then while it is replaying the call handler greeting over again and I select the same caller input a second time and it will work successfully.
I can fix this by setting the caller input to locked and then it works fine.

I have other call handlers with the same caller input options that work fine when unlocked.
Any idea what would cause this behavior?

1 Reply 1

chuck47172
Level 1
Level 1

I discovered another piece of the puzzle.

The call from the PSTN (my cell) initially gets answered by UCCX that gives a list of options. From there I select an option that routes my call to the Unity call handler in question. If I route a DID number directly to the call handler in order to bypass UCCX, the caller input works on the first try with the caller input unlocked. When I go thru UCCX, and then route to the call handler, the caller input will fail on first try if the caller input is unlocked but it will work on the second attempt. Seems to me there is something going on between UCCX and Unity. This same sort of behavior happens with other call flows that go thru UCCX first.