Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler Not Working

Hello,

I'm struggling an issue with call handler.

In my scenario, I created a hunt group with a DN and a CTI route in CUCM. From CUC, I created call handler with a recorded message as well as a forward rule.

When an external caller type DID+6111, the call reach the hunt group without the call handler message.

CUC_forwarding.PNGSys_call_handler.PNGSys_call_handler_greetings.PNGCUCM_CTI_route.JPGCUCM_Hunt_list.JPGCUCM_Hunt_pilot.JPGCUCM_Line_group.JPG

Appreciate your support.

Thanks,

Alaa Elrayes

10 Replies 10

b.winter
VIP
VIP

You screenshotted your problem yourself:
In your first screenshot, you have set the forwarding rule to got the call handler's transfer rules. And since you probably transfer the call to CUCM with this transfer rule, the call is routed to CUCM with a greeting.

bwinter_0-1705479748262.png

You first have to send the call to the "greeting" of the call handler.
And the "after"-greeting action is to send the call to the transfer rule.

@b.winter Thanks for your reply, I made the above instructions as below but the same issue

Forward_rule_edit_1.PNGGreetings_edit_1.PNG

Are you sure, that the call is reaching Unity at all?
I don't how you have configured CUCM, so that the call cannot reach the hunt pilot in the first place.
But I guess, the call is directly landing on the hunt pilot and is never routed to Unity. So, you probably have a problem in the call routing => Check the CUCM logs or trace a call with the DNA tool of CUCM, to see where an incoming call is routed to.

You have to split up the number 6111 into different partitions / CSS.
The incoming call cannot be allowed to hit the hunt pilot number.
It only needs to see the CTI port, who forwards to Unity.

One the other hand, the CSS of the SIP Trunk to Unity should only be allowed to see the number of the huntpilot (and not the CTI port).

@b.winter The call handler was working but I suppose something happened cause this issue. Could you instruct me how to check the connectivity between CUCM and CUC or to configure CUCM to forward calls to CUC ?

Assuming you have a SIP Trunk to the GW/CUBE and a SIP Trunk to Unity.
Let's call them "GW-Trunk" and "Unity-Trunk".

Let's assume, that all your numbers are in the Partition "Internal".
There is an additional Partition "Internal-to-CUC"

1) The CSS of the "GW-Trunk" has the partition "Internal" and "Internal-to-CUC" assigned.

2) Create a route pattern in partition "Internal-to-CUC" for the number 6111 and point it via the "Unity-Trunk" to Unity.

3) Configure a call handler "ch-6111" without any extension (we don't need an extension).

4) Configure a direct routing rule with "destination equal 6111" and point it to the call handler "ch-6111", going directly to the greetings

5) in the standard greeting, upload the recording.
The after-greeting action refers to itself, but now to attempt transfer.

6) the transfer rule of the call handler routes to the number 6111.

7) The CSS of the "Unity-Trunk" has the partitions "Internal" and "Internal-No-DID".
=> Assign the CSS in the Trunk to the "Calling Search Space", "Rerouting Calling Search Space" and "Out-Of-Dialog Refer Calling Search Space" in the SIP trunk config page.

Create a hunt Pilot with the number 6111 in the partition "Internal-No-DID".

So, when a call comes in via the GW-Trunk, it sees 6111 only in Partition "Internal-to-CUC".
The corresponding route pattern sends the call to Unity.
There, the direct routing rule routes the call to the call handler's greeting
After the greeting, the transfer rule routes the call back to CUCM.
The Unity-Trunk only sees the number 6111 in the partition "Internal-No-DID" and routes the call to the hunt pilot.

@b.winter Are you not missing a partition in step 1?

1) The CSS of the "GW-Trunk" has the partition "Internal" assigned.
2) Create a route pattern in partition "Internal-to-CUC" for the number 6111 and point it via the "Unity-Trunk" to Unity.”

The CSS needs to include Internal-to-CUC partition for your outline to work.

Response Signature

Yes, you are correct.
Edited my message.

@b.winter thanks for your support.
I'm checking and I will feedback you.

The thing that jumps out to me is that you don't have Final Forwarding Behavior configured on the Hunt Pilot. Without that, once hunting is exhausted CUCM will hang up on the caller. Is that the behavior you are experiencing?

You don't need the CTI Route Point. Configure the Hunt Pilot with a partition accessible by callers. Then configure the Hunt Pilot with Hunt Forward settings that will send it to voicemail once hunting is exhausted. (Note: When you delete the CTI Route Point, be sure to also delete the DN you have configured on the CTI Route Point. 

As for the configuration on the Call Handler itself, the "Transfer to Extension" is only considered if the call is a direct call in CUC (such as getting to a CUC menu and "If you know your party's extension...."). When the call comes in as a forwarded call (for instance, when forwarded from a Hunt Pilot after hunting is exhausted) CUC will send the call to a greeting per the default Call Routing Rule for forwarded calls.

Maren