cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Transfer not showing originator

Natambu Obleton
Level 1
Level 1

I have a real estate office with a receptionist and a realtor. The realtor phone is set for CallFwdAll to their cell phone.

The customer calls into the main number. Then transfer the call to the realtor. The call then get's forwarded to the reatlor's cell phone, but it shows the call as coming from the main number of the real estate office rather than the customer who called in.

My PSTN uplink is SIP and on a SIP debug I only see the call going out with the from number of the office. I opened a TAC case and the engineer told me there is no way around this. Then tried to say the reason is that the "update" that is sent when the transfer is completed isn't being accepted by my provider, yet in the debug I see no update.

Has anyone experienced this? I just feel like it should not try to do the "warm transfer update" of the calling number if the called number if offnet(not controlled by CUCM). TIA!

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Start by asking your telco if they would accept you sending a calling number that is not owned by you, most telcos will only accept you sending the calling number from the DIDs you bought, and if it's not within that range, they'll simply overwrite it with something else you do own.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

They do...

I have an Extension setup with CallFwdAll to a cell phone that has a direct number. If you call it the cell phone receives a call from the originating number.

This only happens when I "transfer" to an extension with CallFwdAll. On the CUCM controlled device it shows the extension calling during the "warm transfer" then updates to the originator's number after you press transfer the second time. The issue is that cell phone is not controlled by CUCM.

I would like to CUCM to always show the originator number when transfering a call offnet.

I have exact setup and exact issue. originator displays for normal all forwards but not for call transfers. H323 gateways are configured with Originator option.

Same setup works when all the three parties are internal numbers on CUCM.

I noticed you commented on another case where they have same issue.... Is this just a 'feature' of CUCM?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10600161/call-manager-blind-transfer

kevin-hoyt
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is an old post but did you solve the issue?