Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Waiting Configuration

wajid_dabir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

As of now we have done below configuration for our directory number and the issue with this configuration is if I am on call and someone try to phone me then he gets continues ring instead of busy tone.

Maximum Number of Calls: 4 & Busy trigger:2

We would like to configure such a way that calling party should get busy tone and called party should get missed call event with calling party number when phone is busy on one call. I did tried by configuring busy trigger 1 but in this case 2nd call is directly disconnecting  and also user called user is not getting missed call details.

Can any one please help me to configure this requirement.

Regards,

Wajid Dabir

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you set busy trigger to 1 then second call which is coming in either can be set to voicemail (if user busy is set to VM) otherwise it will be disconencted straight away.

When you have busy trigger set to 2 either the call will ring for the ring no answer duration (happening in your case) and  go to voicemail ( if no anseer voicemail is enabled) or you can use decline/idivert to send the second call to voicemail.

I don't think there is way to get around what you are trying to achieve .( caller party gets busy and called user have missed call).

Thanks

View solution in original post

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is WAD, if you want a missed call, the phone needs to ring, and follow the CFNA behavior, CUCM won't provide any special tone/notification that the user is already on another call.

The N+1 call from the busy trigger won't even reach the phone, and will follow the CFB behavior, but there won't be any missed call.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you set busy trigger to 1 then second call which is coming in either can be set to voicemail (if user busy is set to VM) otherwise it will be disconencted straight away.

When you have busy trigger set to 2 either the call will ring for the ring no answer duration (happening in your case) and  go to voicemail ( if no anseer voicemail is enabled) or you can use decline/idivert to send the second call to voicemail.

I don't think there is way to get around what you are trying to achieve .( caller party gets busy and called user have missed call).

Thanks

Nope..it seems not possible to get missed call alert when u set busy trigger 1.

Suresh

But the issue with busy trigger 2 is 2nd caller gets continuous rings even if the dialed number is busy.

I meant to say, it not possible to have miss call detail in missed call list/directory on phone where you have set busy trigger 1 because 2nd call never hits to this phone.

Suresh

That is how it is designed, that caller would be able to hear the rings,called party can see the second call and  should be able to answer it or send it to voicemail.

you can send second call to voicemail directly by pressing the divert/decline (softkey assigned on the phone template).

Or you can set the Forward busy to voicemail for second call and set the busy trigger to 1,this way second call will aways goes to VM.

If you shorten no answer ring duraton that will apply to all calls so you might not want to do that .

Is there any setting to set the timing for 2nd call to disconnect it after 1 or 2 ring if phone is busy with one call?

Hi, how can I configure the phone in a way that when I have an active call and another enters, it appears on my phone display.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is WAD, if you want a missed call, the phone needs to ring, and follow the CFNA behavior, CUCM won't provide any special tone/notification that the user is already on another call.

The N+1 call from the busy trigger won't even reach the phone, and will follow the CFB behavior, but there won't be any missed call.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

wajid_dabir
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you all for your reply.

So trigger busy 1 is working fine for our phone model 7841 but this setting is not working for DX650 model phones even after setting trigger to 1. 2nd call is receiving even the line is busy on other call.