cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Called Party Transformations, Prefix Digits (Outgoing Calls) at CLI

kbeaton
Level 1
Level 1

I have a line on an H.323 Gateway that I want to add 9 as a prefix.
We are on CUCM System version: 12.5.1.13900-152

Question 1:
Can I add a 9 as a prefix to all outbound calls on a specific voice-port\dial-peer voice pots from the CLI?

Question 2:
Can I add a 9 as a prefix to all outbound calls on an ATA device?

I see information about Translation Pattern and Transformation Pattern but in my mind those are used for numbers that are being dialed, not numbers assigned to a device.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

TIA

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The answer is yes on both your questions. For the gateway part look at voice translation rule and profiles. There are plenty of good documentation on this. For the ATA device it can be done in a few different ways, if you outline the use case you have we might better be able to support you with this.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

For that I would use translation pattern(s) and set the transformation to prefix the 9. As you want this only for the ATA(s) I would suggest that you create a specific partition that you put in a specific CSS that you set as the device CSS on the ATA(s). In that partition create a translation pattern that matches all dialed digits, easiest it to set it to match ! and as previously mentioned set the transformation to prefix a 9 in-front of the called number, set the outbound CSS to a CSS that sees the routing for PSTN calls that use the 9 as the leading digit.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

From: "I see information about Translation Pattern and Transformation Pattern but in my mind those are used for numbers that are being dialed, not numbers assigned to a device." I'm understanding that you want to be able to modify callerID, for outbound calls by prefixing a 9. Is that correct?

Are you looking to modify the callerID that will appear on your internal devices (so that the 9 access code is part of the callerID and they can dial out of call history) when calls come in on the specific H323 port? Or are you looking to modify the callerID for calls that will leave your organization?

All of these things are possible once we have a fuller picture of what you are trying to accomplish.

Maren

Hi Maren,

What I'm trying to accomplish is, I want to assign a Call Manager DN to be used by an elevator.
Because in the past the number was a POTs line, it didn't require a "9" to get an outside line.
Now that it's a Call Manager DN, I need to add a "9" so the elevator can get an outside line and I don't have to spend a ton of energy getting the elevator company to understand...
Also it seems there are different types of phones used in elevators and not all can be programmed to dial a "9" to make an outside call.
Being able to add the 9 for outbound calls would make it transparent to the elevator phone when it dials out.
This elevator is currently on a VG configured with H.323 Gateway, but will be moving to a VG configured with SIP.

Does that help?

The answer is yes on both your questions. For the gateway part look at voice translation rule and profiles. There are plenty of good documentation on this. For the ATA device it can be done in a few different ways, if you outline the use case you have we might better be able to support you with this.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

I have an ATA 191 that I have a FAX machine attached to and I don't want the users to have to dial a 9 for an outside line.

Is this what you're saying can be done?
Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

For that I would use translation pattern(s) and set the transformation to prefix the 9. As you want this only for the ATA(s) I would suggest that you create a specific partition that you put in a specific CSS that you set as the device CSS on the ATA(s). In that partition create a translation pattern that matches all dialed digits, easiest it to set it to match ! and as previously mentioned set the transformation to prefix a 9 in-front of the called number, set the outbound CSS to a CSS that sees the routing for PSTN calls that use the 9 as the leading digit.

Response Signature