cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling Name not Displaying on Phones

Sharif Alkatib
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working on a client and the calling party name won't show on their phones. The carrier is passing the calling name successfully to the gateway through a PRI. It is a H323 gateway and the call manager is version 7.1.5. This is the case on whatever the phone is, CIPC or 7941. It was working previously but ceased working for unknown reasons

I've looked at the gateway and run the debug isdn q931 command to view the logs and the call is successfully routed and the digits are passed to the phone. The logs do show that the caller name is successfully being passed to the voice gateway but it's losing the information somewhere between the gateway and the phone.

Any thoughts of suggestions are welcomed.

I promise rate whomever gives me the best answer!         

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

With H.323, Caller Name that is sent in Facility IE is not natively supported. You will see the name in debug but it won't pass through to the phone unless you do something additional. See also the good ol' CSC:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8873

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks for your reply.

I tried solution 2 but the voice gateway already had the statement configured.

interface serial0/0/0:23
isdn supp-service name calling

I really don't want to configure this gateway as MGCP because that seems like far too much work for such an issue.

I read somewhere that changing the configuration from "isdn switch-type primary-ni" to "isdn switch-type primary-dms100"

I'm going to try changing that on the interface to see if that has any effect.

Any other suggestions?

Dear

Eng.David is completely true and this is familiar . If you read the link which publishe by Eng.David  , i hope also to find the below link

https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/2005-March/003509.html

Thank you

please rate if tis will help