cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can CUBE Forking Record Outbound Calls?

Signups
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ive been reviewing the guide to fork audio calls using CUBE however I need clarification on the following scenario. There are plenty of examples of configuring cube forking on inbound dial peers however none on recording outbound calls.

Is it possible for the CUBE to record outbound calls to regular POTS landlines ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes. When you configure a VOIP (SIP) dial-peer for call recording all calls legs that match it will be recorded, regardless of whether it was the incoming or outgoing call leg.

PS- If your recording software supports it, enable SIPREC to give it additional metadata. This is a fairly new standard though so it’s entirely possible that it won’t.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-sip-recording.html

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Not supported. Forking/Recording is restricted for calls that don't have a SDP. It is strictly for a SIP to SIP call flows.
Another thing, if you have a POTS to IP termination, it is NOT a CUBE.

When I say POTS I mean regular phone numbers that are dialed over a SIP Trunk from a cisco phone.

Is this supported ?

Yes. When you configure a VOIP (SIP) dial-peer for call recording all calls legs that match it will be recorded, regardless of whether it was the incoming or outgoing call leg.

PS- If your recording software supports it, enable SIPREC to give it additional metadata. This is a fairly new standard though so it’s entirely possible that it won’t.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-sip-recording.html

That's great sorry about the confusion. Just one more question then when configuring the dummy dial peer for the recorder eg

voice class codec 1
 codec preference 1 g711ulaw
!
media profile recorder 3000
 media-type audio
 media-recording 100 101 102
!
media class 3
 recorder profile 3000
!
dial-peer voice 2500 voip
description Recorder
destination-pattern 7777
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:10.0.0.218

This is the example I found on the cisco website. Everything makes sense to me apart from the destination-pattern 7777 should this match any outbound number that I want recorded ? if so would it not also prevent outbound calls by diverting from the outbound dial peer.

Outgoing dial-peers must have a destination something (eg pattern, URI match, e164-Pattern-map, etc). Also, this is the LHS of the Request URI sent to the recording server. I have seen at least one vendor care about that and only accept the INVITE when the correct value was supplied.