cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you open TCP ports in Call Manager?

mmoss80
Level 1
Level 1

So I ran into an issue after we moved our servers. Basically our Pub isn't talking to our Sub. In CLI I ran show network cluster and it showed Pub was not authenticated to the Sub. Next I ran the command to generate PlatformConfig.xml and made sure the IPSecSecurityPwCrypt matched which it did. I ran

utils network connectivity XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX 8500

connect to the port (tcp) failed: Connection refused

Service not accessible

I know it's not a firewall issue because they are on the same subnet and I don't have any rules that apply to the same subnet. How do I open this port? It's open on PUB and my IM&P just not CUCM Sub.

6 Replies 6

AFAIK there is no way to control this. CM and for that sake all other UC applications come with what ports are needed open.

Response Signature

You can’t open the port just like that.

Btw what changes you made? What exactly you did by moving ?

Response Signature

We are being acquired and our call manager is on the same subnet as their servers so we had to move them to a new subnet. 

Why would you need to move the system to another subnet? There is nothing that stops you from having multiple CM systems on the same network.

Response Signature

Sounds like you either missed a step of the IP address change process or it failed to complete. Each cluster node maintains a local list of all other cluster nodes and their respective IP addresses. The firewalld rules are generated automatically based on that list. If the a list on the subscriber does not have the new IP of the publisher the rule will drop the traffic. You should look at the troubleshooting chapter of the guide I linked to above; however, if you’re at all uncertain here I suggest opening a TAC case and have them walk you through recovering from this so as not to make the situation worse.

PS- You have a backup, right?

Go through troubleshooting part of the guide Jonathan shared. I seems like the Network changes didn't went through properly.

NithinEluvathingal_0-1680057488522.png

Did you updated the Nodes with set network cluster commands ? .

Response Signature