cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot change Cisco Phones to CME (even with Trust List deleted)

delr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I want to change some phones (7942,9971) on CUCM to register to a CME 8.6 for tests. However. following the common procedure on the phones of: Activate Alternate TFTP to the CME TFTP IPs , delete the trust list on the phones, and waiting that them register on CME, the phones persisted on register with CUCM 11, even the trust list is already deleted.

Any idea??, because this procedure worked on CUCM 8.6

Regards.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What happens if you change the primary TFTP for the phones to CME?

I'm assuming they're already configured on CME, or auto-reg is configured.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Hi,

1. Can you please make sure there is reach-ability from phones to CME? You can run a ping for the IP phone from the source interface defined in the telephony service.

2. Also make sure the phone configuration is their in CME.

Aseem

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What happens if you change the primary TFTP for the phones to CME?

I'm assuming they're already configured on CME, or auto-reg is configured.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jaime

Thats exactly what Im doing, set the tftp address on the phones to cme. In this moment Im configuring CIPC to see what happens..

Regards.

Hi,

1. Can you please make sure there is reach-ability from phones to CME? You can run a ping for the IP phone from the source interface defined in the telephony service.

2. Also make sure the phone configuration is their in CME.

Aseem

Hello, I just achieve the registration of CIPC on CME. In this case I saw that, even I have not configured the CIPC as ephone yet, it still persisted on registering state after I deleted the trust list and changed the TFTP addresses (as expected)

I'll try tomorrow again on the physical phones, although today I tried the same procedure as on CIPC.

Regards.

Hello, today I could register the 7942 but only after register it first on CME as ephone , otherwise it went to register to CUCM again.

What I dont understand yet is why the CIPC persisted on registration process and didn't ended register on CUCM, meanwhile the physical phones ended register on CUCM again if there weren't register first as ephone on CME

Anyway Jaime/Aseem , thanks for the advice.