cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot turn on 8841 phone

ayan-zhapsar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all. In the screenshot I encountered a problem: immediately after turning it on, this appears. Has anyone else encountered this problem? It asks for a domain, username and password. The phone is completely new. There is a way to access the settings, but only for minor changes. What should I do? Thanks in advance. 

8 Replies 8

It appears that the phone is attempting to register using the MRA feature.

By the way, could you provide more details about your call control platform and setup?

Response Signature

Asterisk PBX system, are you familiar with this system? I cannot understand what it requires, what we should fill into those blank space.

What type of firmware do you have in your phone, Enterprise or MPP? If it is Enterprise you get this if the phone cannot get its configuration from CM. That can be caused by a number of factors, like the phone not being configured in CM or the TFTP server not being presented in the DHCP scope.

Apart from this you might want to look at and update the picture you shared as that is showing your cell phone number.

Response Signature

We have the firmware version on UCM/UCME phones, how can I configure the phone to work with Asterisk PBX? We do not know exactly if is it Enterprise or MPP, is there any way to check it? 

The phone firmware can be found in the phone settings. Another easy way is by accessing the GUI of the phone, where you can quickly differentiate whether it’s the enterprise version or MPP.

When it’s MPP, you have more options on the GUI.

If it’s not an MPP version, you must convert them to MPP versions, and this also incurs costs. Follow the guide that @Roger Kallberg shared. Alternatively, reach out to the company that sold you the phone and obtain MPP version phones.

Response Signature

Thank you for your response. Could you please tell me what incurred costs are you talking about? What is the approximate cost in $?

The list price at CCW (Cisco Commerce Workspace) is 65USD. The actual price you'd get depends on the vendor you reach out to as the list price is "just" to be seen as a recommendation and not the actual price you would pay.

image.png

Response Signature