Views
Helpful
Replies

Certificate expired on Unity Connection

VON CLAWSON
Level 3
Level 3

I'm getting the following errors on the CLI

Apr  4 15:00:00 USWEJVS02-1 local99 0 : 778: USWEJVS02-1.am.dynonobel.com: Apr 04 2018 21:00:00.63 UTC :  %UC_CERT-0-CertExpired: %[Message=Certificate expiration Notification. Certificate name:USWEJVS02-1.am.dynonobel.com.der Unit:CallManager-trust Type:own-cert Expir][AppID=Cisco Certificate Monitor][ClusterID=][NodeID=USWEJVS02-1]: Certificate has Expired and needs to be changed at the earliest

Apr  4 15:00:00 USWEJVS02-1 local99 0 : 779: USWEJVS02-1.am.dynonobel.com: Apr 04 2018 21:00:00.65 UTC :  %UC_CERT-0-CertExpired: %[Message=Certificate expiration Notification. Certificate name:USLAVVS02-1.am.dynonobel.com.der Unit:CallManager-trust Type:own-cert Expir][AppID=Cisco Certificate Monitor][ClusterID=][NodeID=USWEJVS02-1]: Certificate has Expired and needs to be changed at the earliest

The problem is that these are a Unity Connection cluster and so they don't have a CallManager-trust certificate to renew.  If I try to renew from the cli it says that it can't find the cert.  Any help would be appreciated.

Please rate if this helps.
10 Replies 10

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

OK, that cert  USWEJVS02-1.am.dynonobel.com.der  what is that off? Unity or cucm?

also the alert that you bput in your original post, where is that? on your cucm or on cuc?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

The error comes from the CUC. But I don't see that cert on the CUC. It is also not on the CUCM as that is the hostname of the CUC.

That might be a cosmetic error as they share a lot of the blueprint, if you go to the OS admin do you see any expired certs?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

No, no expired certs 

Then you probably want to open a TAC case to have this looked at, maybe there's something lingering around that needs to be removed via root. Or it's simply a cosmetic issue that causes no issue, but still needs to be looked at.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

kevin.vines
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get this fixed? I have the exact same issue...

Thanks 

we opened up a TAC case and the SE resolved it.

Did TAC Provided a BUG ID for this issue?

encounters the same problem. after a quick bug tool search, found this bug - CSCvg32978. I will try to upgrade to a version with a fix for this bug.

We upgraded to latest Patch and that did fix the issue. Thank you.