cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7821 softkey issues

dsutphin
Level 1
Level 1

Have an issue with the Cisco 7821 phones. The issue is that the phone softkeys have been configured on the phones however what is happening is over time the phone seem to go back to the default factory softkey template which does not include the call park button.

W have tried multiple firmwares and Cisco provided an ES release that also did not resolve the issue.

I am preparing to once again upgrade the phone firmware at Cisco recommendation. However after doing this twice before i do not have a warm and fuzzy feeling that this is going to resolve my issue.

I can not imagine that i am the only one having this issue. Looking to see if any one has run into this issue and found a resolution.

Cucm version 9.1.2.13046-1

phone firmware version SIP78xx.10-1-1ES6

thanks

Dennis

Dennis Sutphin Jr.
6 Replies 6

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

Have not run into the issue myself, but have ran into a lot of bugs with this series when they first came out.   Did you check the bug tracker? Did Cisco provide you with a bug id?  If so you can always check the release notes for a firmware to see if the bug is identified as resolved caveat.  When cisco provides you with the bug details you can see how many other people have reported the issue.  Since there is a more updated firmware out, I would upgrade before I engaged TAC again.

Hi Dennis,

I could find one bug but myself not clear what exactly it means

Undefined softkey don't take effect on 78XX Phone
CSCur52030

you need to involve TAC since the latest firmware available[ 10.2(1.12) has bugs and ES version is available for that as well 10.2(1.12)ES3

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7800-series/10-2-1-SR1/english/releasenotes/PA2D_BK_741D8CED_00_7800-series-rn-1021sr1.pdf

regds,

aman

Hi,

I have a similar issue, after a random time the phones 7821 change the softkey layout, and a DND softkey appears on the phone screen. Actually there are not softkey profile configured in CUCM with this layout, so the phones are not really loading a "default profile".

I have checked the phone logs and I have found the following error:

XML Parser Warning: Unknown attribute 'xmlns:xsi' in element '/softKeyCfg' (line=2)
Line 416: 2061 WRN 08:27:30.238053 JAVA: Startup Module Loader|cip.xml.XmlParser:  - XML Parser Warning: Unknown attribute 'xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation' in element '/softKeyCfg' (line=2)

We have a CUCM 8.6.2.24096-2 and phone firmware sip78xx.10-2-1-12SR1-4

Best regards

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

I've also had quite a few issues with this series of phones, they are never my first recommendation for new deployments or upgrades that is for sure.  The bug list is a mile long and I just recently had an issue where I had to upgrade the firmware to the latest release to remove an issue for a receptionist.  

Hi Brandon,

Could you explain what issue you had with the Receptionist's phone?

A customer has 2 7861 phones for Reception, but we cannot pickup calls that are ringing on them. The rest of the user have 7821, and they could pickup calls without issues.

Thanks,

Rafael Paniccia

Hi,

Someone solved this issue?

I got cucm ver 11.5 with phone model 8851, and phone version 11.7

In a Random phones the layout of Softkey Template changed to diffrent layout that doesn't configured in the CUCM

after a Reset to the phone the layout back and the problem solved.