cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Attendant Console application - transfer to another PC?

Stuart C
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We’re in the process of upgrading one of our Reception PC’s which has the Cisco Unified Attendant Console application licensed and installed on it, now I’ve successfully installed the Cisco Unified Attendant Console on the new machine but getting to the initial login screen is proving to be an issue because of the licensing.

To me it seems the license is clearly in use on her current machine, that's why it's generating the error when I'm trying to run it on her new machine and input the license when prompted. I need a method of removing the license from her current machine and transferring it to the new machine,does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yes, to get the license transferred to the new machine, otherwise you'd need to purchase extra license for it if both need to be in use.

View solution in original post

Yes, as "Standard" edition which is server less is tied to the PC.  If you had "Advanced" then the license is tied to the server and you can login from any machine.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/cuacs/11_0_3/install_admin_guide/CUACS110303GUIDE.pdf

Relicensing Software

If you do any of the following you must re-license the software with a new registration code:

• Reinstall the operating system on the same hardware

• Install a different operating system on the same hardware

• Add or remove certain hardware (such as an NIC card)

• Change the machine name

• Perform a major upgrade of the Cisco Unified Attendant Console Standard software

To re-license Cisco Unified Attendant Console Standard, contact Cisco TAC and request a re-host. You will need to provide them with either the original license activation codes or the SO number of your purchase.

Hi Chris,

This is just installing the application on a new PC?  I'd need to get it re-licensed just for this?

Thanks

Yes, to get the license transferred to the new machine, otherwise you'd need to purchase extra license for it if both need to be in use.

Hi Chris,

I've had another read through this. I'm not sure installing the attendant console app on a PC i validating one of these reasons?

• Reinstall the operating system on the same hardware

• Install a different operating system on the same hardware

• Add or remove certain hardware (such as an NIC card)

• Change the machine name

• Perform a major upgrade of the Cisco Unified Attendant Console Standard software

IT seems a bit much to re-license just to install it on another PC?  Surely you can install attendant console app on multiple PCs

New PC implies new hardware i.e. different MAC address, etc. hence new license.

Hi Chris,

Ok so just to clarify.  I have 3 PCs with attendant console set up on them.  If one of the PCs breaks and has to be replaced I need to re-license CUAC?

Thanks for your assistance Chris

Yes, as "Standard" edition which is server less is tied to the PC.  If you had "Advanced" then the license is tied to the server and you can login from any machine.

garymanske
Level 1
Level 1

Other solutions might be easier to deal with this kind of challenge. For example, the Bridge Operator Console is licensed on a concurrent user basis. No need to worry about which PC, etc. It's a much easier process than named user licensing.