cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Call Manager / Translation Patterns

ctd_77801
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Cisco Call Manager in a large metro area with 10 digit dialing.

The problem is some of the numbers we dial in the digit still require a 1 because they are technically long distance.

Currently I have to add multiple rules to either add a 1 or not depending on the exchange. If the user adds a 1 when they don't need it they will get a "you don't need to dial a 1 with this number". If they don't add a 1 when they need it they get a "you must dial a 1 with this number"

I'm sure there is an easier way to do this especially because I only need to dial 10 digits on my cell phone no matter what.

thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no quick solution short of build specific route patterns based on exchange dialed when you have same area code requiring 10 or 11 digit dialing, this comes down to training and having users try both and having both 1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX and [2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX patterns defined.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no quick solution short of build specific route patterns based on exchange dialed when you have same area code requiring 10 or 11 digit dialing, this comes down to training and having users try both and having both 1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX and [2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX patterns defined.