Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone Unregistered on a 11.5 cluster

abdallahm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Am getting a situation where all phones turn to unregistered after few mins from successfully registering. whenever i restart the switch or the phones does the same "successfully registering" few mins it gets back to Status "unregistered" and gets stuck at "Phone is registering"

its a new deployment, and we have a PUB and SUB.

Kindly need assist.

Thanks Regards,

4 Replies 4

This problem could be caused by any number of things from the CPU pegging on your CUCM servers, to a network problem or PoE problem, to bad firmware. So let's get some information:

1. Please provide a basic network diagram of the layout of the servers in relation to the phones. This does not have to be detailed, just the basic connections.
  2. What model phone(s) are you working with and what firmware version are you running on them?
  3. Please provide a log from a phone that exhibits this behavior. (That will help tell us what else we may want to look at such as a keepalive problem, a TFTP trace or a Cisco CallManager service trace, etc.)
  4. When you say 'all phones' is it every single phone? Do they unregister simultaneously or in batches?

Let's start with that and see what we find.

Maren

HI Maren Mahoney.

Thanks for your feedback.

After investigating my network setup, found that there was a loop and that solve my issue.

Thanks once more!!

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Get a parallel set of captures from the IP phone and CUCM to which it is registered ( from the point of registration till the time it unregisters ). This will help track the issue whether it is firewall related or something on the CUCM itself.

HTH

Manish

edguidry
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am having a similar issue with CM 11.5.1.12900-21.

We have a large cluster of (4000+) 88x1 phones.  We notice that phones that are not heavily used and remain idle for an undetermined length of time will suddenly become unregistered and require a power cycle to register.   Most of the phones are in CDP.  It is difficult for us to identify one that suddenly goes unregistered but we are trying.   I opened a TAC case hoping this is a known issue.

Eddie