Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber MRA packet loss

sirajuddeen t p
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

I am facing serious packet loss while making or receiving Jabber calls from MRA.

Below expalined different scenarios.

Scenario 1:

Jabber MRA calls to another Jabber MRA - result: Audio works fine.

Jabber MRA calls to another internal phone - result: MRA user can hear the other voice. Other way no audio (Jabber shows 93% transmission packet loss).

Internal phone calls to Jabber MRA - result: Internal caller can hear Jabber MRA voice. Other way no audio. (Jabber shows above 90% receive packet loss )

I have attached expressway logs.

Test conducted:
Time stamp: 05 Oct 2016 between 12:52:00 and 12:55:00 GMT.
Calling number: 8450
Called number: 1365

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the call is established, then what you need to look at, is your network, you need to look at what path the RTP is taking, and make sure there is enough BW, and there are no bottlenecks in the path.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the call is established, then what you need to look at, is your network, you need to look at what path the RTP is taking, and make sure there is enough BW, and there are no bottlenecks in the path.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Mohammed Idris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sirajuddin and Jamie,

I am also facing the same sort of issue but its not as worst as Sirajudding. In my case very few times like 4 times out of 50 calls, call gets connected but no audio either way. If I drop and call second time it may work. 

My plan is to take the diagnostic logs for the no audio call and check it using expressway-sip-call-analyzer. If something comes I will surely share. Meanwhile do u manage to resolve the issue?